A problem that must be addressed: Over-Dominance of threads

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

A problem that must be addressed: Over-Dominance of threads

Postby Andrewm » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Folks, we have a forum problem. No, I am not the moderator. I am just one (still relatively new) member. I am just a sometimes poster and commentor.

But this problem is real in these last weeks. This forum will quickly fall into irrelevance or just plain heavy irritation if forum members over-post. What do I mean by "over-post?" Upwards of 8 - 12 posts per day combined with doing this 3 - 4 times in the same week.

We have just had multiple topics from August 2009 and October 2009 resurrected....yet it seems the original thread commenter (the one who asked the question or who launched the first post) is not even active anymore. What sense is there in this? One was from a forum member named Chas. I think (I could be wrong) that he is not active already for months. So he's not around to read the latest reply to his very specific question. Plus, no one had commented on that thread/topic for over 9-10 months already.

Dominating the forum and countless threads should not be smiled upon or welcome. The opposite, in fact.

Please, exercise some restraint; use some decency toward others and common sense. Pretty soon, it appears that a person is just having a thread conversation with himself -- when one posts too much. Just prior to typing this new topic, I saw where ChayChay started a topic a long while back on why manners matter. Yes, manners, being polite, and courtesies matter. They do.

And that applies to the topic I put forward here. Manners.

No, I am not one for quotas or limits, but, please. No one should have real reason to be posting here more than 7-11 times per week. 12 times maximum (if you just really have oh-so much to say) in a week. After all, we each have lives outside the internet to live, right? And isn't the beauty of a thread to make a comment (or ask a question) and then see how 5 - 8 other people respond or what they think about the topic?

RIght now I am not seeing conversation(s) here in the forum. I am seeing dominance. Over-dominance.

Please. Extend some courtesy. Exercise some logic. This is a sincere request. Thank you. Andrew
Andrewm

Re: A problem that must be addressed: Over-Dominance of threads

Postby lumbacesar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:45 pm

I agree. Seems like a few people just talking to themselves.
lumbacesar

Postby Chas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:57 am

Still here and reading replies. Just do not have anything of interest to others to post!
Chas

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

Chas wrote:Still here and reading replies. Just do not have anything of interest to others to post!

I figured that you were still here, Chas, and thanks bunches for coming on and telling us that you are still here. I have enjoyed reading and responding to your posts over the past periods of time, and I know other members have as well! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Good to read post here. It is nice to read diffirent posts and be enlightened by different ideas. Also it is a way to know each other and how to relate others about the subject.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:58 am

crisipicada wrote:Good to read post here. It is nice to read diffirent posts and be enlightened by different ideas. Also it is a way to know each other and how to relate others about the subject.

Yes, Crisi, very true! :D I also thought it would be fun and interesting to bring around some old subjects that were discussed earlier, and would merrit having another look at them. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum