What is your weather like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

What is your weather like?

Postby Edwin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Where we live this month of July is one of the hottest months of the year for us. August can also be a very warm month. We have been having very unusual weather this year so far. We have had a record amount of rain, and with it some very cold temperatures for this time of the year. We have had a few fairly warm days, but not many. July and August can give us day time temperatures that can be over 100 degrees F. It is not unusual for it to be hot all night long in July. The first of July comes just after the longest day of the year here. What can happen in August is that we can have cool nights, especially after a rain storm. It can even frost the latter part of August. The latter part of August gives us shorter days also.

It seemed very strange to me that last October 15th it was already freezing ice on the water here, and then when we landed in Manila and Dumaguete City it was so warm. The typhoon that came through the north cooled off Manila the 18th or 19th of October, but when we exited the airplane in Dumaguete City the air felt like one of our very hot July or August days at home. The heat doesn't bother me. The cold doesn't bother me either as long as I can keep the house warm enough and wear enough clothing! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Re: What is your weather like?

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:04 am

Since last Sunday it has been raining here. Last Monday, during the convocation, the mayor announced that he has need to go directly to Lumbayao. Valencia City, one of the Barangays of Valecia, 25 kilometers more or less, north from city proper.

Accordingly, two people died because of land slide and there are still 20 people missing. In that place, they experience every year about landslide but not as much as people died. Without delay, the PNP and the Bureau of Fire Protection went to the site for rescue and retrieval operation for those who are still victim of the said slandslide.

According to PAGASA, there were two Inter-tropical Convergence Zone ITCZ in mindanao, and unfortunately, Valencia is the center where the ITCZ will occur. Since Bukidnon is surrounded by mountains, it is most likely that landslide during rainy season will occur. As of today, there were five died and retrieve from the incident happen.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 am

crisipicada wrote:Since last Sunday it has been raining here. Last Monday, during the convocation, the mayor announced that he has need to go directly to Lumbayao. Valencia City, one of the Barangays of Valecia, 25 kilometers more or less, north from city proper.

Accordingly, two people died because of land slide and there are still 20 people missing. In that place, they experience every year about landslide but not as much as people died. Without delay, the PNP and the Bureau of Fire Protection went to the site for rescue and retrieval operation for those who are still victim of the said slandslide.

According to PAGASA, there were two Inter-tropical Convergence Zone ITCZ in mindanao, and unfortunately, Valencia is the center where the ITCZ will occur. Since Bukidnon is surrounded by mountains, it is most likely that landslide during rainy season will occur. As of today, there were five died and retrieve from the incident happen.

That is very sad, Crisi. We will have to pray for those people and the families involved in the land slide! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 pm

The weather is good and actually it is sunny day today. I got up late because i sleep late last night, I was in bed but still awake until past 10pm. Because my nephews are studying and on the computer. I am glad that they have time to study their lessons. Sometimes i teach them doing tutorial but sometimes I feel bad because they dont have good listening attitude and always butin while i am talking to them. I still have insomia and sometimes i wake up at dawn and i cannot go back until 4am, then go to bed then wakeup late. Please help about my insomia
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:05 am

crisipicada wrote:The weather is good and actually it is sunny day today. I got up late because i sleep late last night, I was in bed but still awake until past 10pm. Because my nephews are studying and on the computer. I am glad that they have time to study their lessons. Sometimes i teach them doing tutorial but sometimes I feel bad because they dont have good listening attitude and always butin while i am talking to them. I still have insomia and sometimes i wake up at dawn and i cannot go back until 4am, then go to bed then wakeup late. Please help about my insomia

That is very nice, Crisi, that you can help your nephews learn, and yes it can be frustrating when they don't cooperate 100%. That happens to me sometimes that I wake up in the middle of lthe night, or too early. Many times I just get up for a while then return to bed and sleep. I don't have any set schedule, but I go to bed usually before midnight, often earlier if I am tired. Then I usually get up any time after 7 a.m. or so. It has been pretty hot lately, but we have a cooler trend, with clouds coming in. We had some pretty strong winds while I was walking Scooby. The wheat fields with wheat in them keep the dust from blowing, but I could see in the distance where the wind was raising the dust, probably where they have summer follow fields, that they are still cultivating, and they will plant winter wheat in late August or early September. The wheat is turning from green to ripe golden color. When I was younger I spent many days and hours in the fields combining wheat with a self propelled combine. It was not a bad job, but lots of hours! Day light until after dark, and often we would grease the combines in the dark using truck head lights to see. The only part I didn't like about the whole process was when the rub bars in the cylindar would plug up during the hottest part of the day, and then I would have to open it up and clean it out, and you talk about itch!!!! The heat of the midday would have you sweating more than normal, and my skin would get to itching more at that time of the day than any other time, but after a little severe itching then it felt better for the rest of the day! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The wind bringing the clouds in is actually cooling us off substantially, in fact I have all the windows closed, but I think Carol still has her window open! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:31 am

Yes, actually it is hard to teach and it needs patience. So hard to be a teacher. You must possess virtues in life e.g. patience, love, joy, and care. My nephews are in cream class and they rank 1-5 in their class especially alexis. He has been rank first during their MTAP among 10 schools with three representatives every school, in Bukidnon. That is already an achievement since he was in grade one.

The weather was good though there was a rainfall when I travel from valencia city to dologon. But at least it did not last for long hours.
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 pm

crisipicada wrote:Yes, actually it is hard to teach and it needs patience. So hard to be a teacher. You must possess virtues in life e.g. patience, love, joy, and care. My nephews are in cream class and they rank 1-5 in their class especially alexis. He has been rank first during their MTAP among 10 schools with three representatives every school, in Bukidnon. That is already an achievement since he was in grade one.

The weather was good though there was a rainfall when I travel from valencia city to dologon. But at least it did not last for long hours.

That is really neat that your nephews are ranked high like they are! Our weather is still a little cooler than it might be. I'm not sure how long this cool trend will last? It feels good, but the garden is not growing as fast. Carol is happy as the heat really bothers her. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm

My clothes did not dry until today because yesterday was a rainy day. Today i do laundry again, and i hope that before i go home today.

Last night, before i arrive at home from midweek prayer meeting, it was a lot of fun, because i ran 200 meters more or less because the rain was coming, My nephew alexis ran, too. He ran fast but then I ran faster when i heared the the rain is ticking on the ground. My sister hazel laugh a lot and good for her she brought with her an umbrella. What a funny exprience. :D :D :D :D :D
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:52 pm

crisipicada wrote:My clothes did not dry until today because yesterday was a rainy day. Today i do laundry again, and i hope that before i go home today.

Last night, before i arrive at home from midweek prayer meeting, it was a lot of fun, because i ran 200 meters more or less because the rain was coming, My nephew alexis ran, too. He ran fast but then I ran faster when i heared the the rain is ticking on the ground. My sister hazel laugh a lot and good for her she brought with her an umbrella. What a funny exprience. :D :D :D :D :D

That sounds like you did have a lot of fun with that. Fun is important! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 pm

When I was in Amlan, near Dumaguete City last October it was hot enough that I thought the clothes that the ladies were washing would dry in a flash, but I didn't think about the high humidity. The clothes were out all day, and they still didn't dry. We brought them in the house for additional drying time.

We have not had any rain for a while now, but it looks like it could rain every day, and we have had just rain sprinkles a time or two. It has not been nearly as hot as it was earlier, and it has been cool off a lot at night. Carol is happy about that because the heat bothers her, but it is not ideal for the garden. We will no doubt get hotter days that are still coming. I love the rain, but I have never lived where it rains a lot. We only get about 10 or 12 inches a year and part of that is in snow. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum