sick

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: sick

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 am

I have been extemely sick, and in the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital since Thursday night. I had a biopsy (tissue samples) taken on my prostate to check for cancer on Wednesday afternoon (July 20), and during the procedure they contaminated my blood with E-coli bacteria, and that spread to all parts of my body. That infection caused my internal organs to shut down, and I almost died. Thankfully, I called 911, and was able to get an ambulance to my house to bring me to the emergency room in time because my kidneys and liver had stopped functioning, and my lungs and heart and gallbladder were all affected. But because of the fact that the hosptal and doctors are modern and knowledgable, they have been able to save me. Little by little they have been able to get my blood pressure back from the 50/80 that it had fallen to, and brought my platelet count back to a moderate number, and now my organs are all getting back to normal, too. I had severe hemmoraging for 5 days, and I've had numerous blood transfusions. My heart went into an irregular beating pattern until yesterday morning when it somehow changed back to a normal and regular beat.

All I can do is to thank God for his mercy, and to thank the hundreds of people who have been praying for my recovery. I am not out of the woods yet, but I am doing much better. I am still in ICU, but I may be moved to the intermediate care ward tomorrow . I am not sure how long I will have to remain in the hospital, but they want to continue treatments on me until they are positive that the infection is cured.

For this reason I have not been able to answer any emails from friends, or to give out any addresses. I do not have the List here.....only accessable on my home's desktop pc. I apologize to all of those who have been asking for contact information, or wishing to post their profiles.
A special thanks to everyone on the forum who has been praying for me, and for all of your well-wishes.

Thanks for you concern and God bless you all.

Michael
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:19 pm

THanks for the news you are getting better. Thanks that God use the doctors and that He gave you another chance.

See to it to fully recover, do not get stress a lot. Enjoy life and always ask for guidance, strength and good health to the Lord.

The prayer of the righteous prevaileth much. God speed. Take care. :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby eStu » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:58 am

I'm glad to hear that you got the emergency care you needed and are on the mend, Michael.

Try not to worry about your inbox for a while. Rest up and get well soon. God bless.
eStu

Postby Edwin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:55 am

I see from your post Michael that you and I both had that prostate biopsy on the same day in the afternoon, Wednesday, July 20th, and mine was at 1:30 p.m., but we are a couple hours earlier in the time zone. My biggest complication was going into shock, blood pressure 60 over 40 with a pulse of 42 for 2 hours, but with oxygen, 4 cans of juice, a pile of blankets, and constant attention from the nurse I was fine. We are still praying for you, Michael, and like Crisi said "the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much!" So we pray for your speedy and complete recovery. :D :D
Edwin

Postby Cherryamor » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:57 am

sorry to hear that you are sick sir Michael....
get well soon.....just pray the best.....

take care
Cherryamor

Postby Andrewm » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:59 am

Michael,
As this is several days since your last post, I trust that our Heavenly Father still has you well on the road to recovery.

I am sorry to hear this; I am sorry you've had to go through this.

You've alerted the forum. (I think if I were your doc, I'd be saying, "Hey, Michael, no internet or emailin' for four weeks minimum!") So folks know what is happening. And they should know to "hold their horses," be patient.

The important thing now is for you to rest, recover, and yes, even indulge in a bit of pampering so you get back to a full bill of health. R & R will do you some good. (Doc's orders!)

So please do not worry about responding to emails or PMs. Okay? That will all take care of itself in due time. Love always finds a way.

For now, speedy recovery for you. And let those Texas docs and health care providers do their thing. They'll get you back on track.

Andrew

) So you have informed folks here. And everyone should just "hold their horses" and be patient.

You rest and recover and get the pampering you need to get back to a full bill of health. Okay? (Doc's orders)
Andrewm

Postby chaychay644 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 am

jadegil6 wrote:I have been extemely sick, and in the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital since Thursday night. I had a biopsy (tissue samples) taken on my prostate to check for cancer on Wednesday afternoon (July 20), and during the procedure they contaminated my blood with E-coli bacteria, and that spread to all parts of my body. That infection caused my internal organs to shut down, and I almost died. Thankfully, I called 911, and was able to get an ambulance to my house to bring me to the emergency room in time because my kidneys and liver had stopped functioning, and my lungs and heart and gallbladder were all affected. But because of the fact that the hosptal and doctors are modern and knowledgable, they have been able to save me. Little by little they have been able to get my blood pressure back from the 50/80 that it had fallen to, and brought my platelet count back to a moderate number, and now my organs are all getting back to normal, too. I had severe hemmoraging for 5 days, and I've had numerous blood transfusions. My heart went into an irregular beating pattern until yesterday morning when it somehow changed back to a normal and regular beat.

All I can do is to thank God for his mercy, and to thank the hundreds of people who have been praying for my recovery. I am not out of the woods yet, but I am doing much better. I am still in ICU, but I may be moved to the intermediate care ward tomorrow . I am not sure how long I will have to remain in the hospital, but they want to continue treatments on me until they are positive that the infection is cured.

For this reason I have not been able to answer any emails from friends, or to give out any addresses. I do not have the List here.....only accessable on my home's desktop pc. I apologize to all of those who have been asking for contact information, or wishing to post their profiles.
A special thanks to everyone on the forum who has been praying for me, and for all of your well-wishes.

Thanks for you concern and God bless you all.

Michael

i am really glad that ur getting better now..and thanks God for answering our prayers..and as what andrew says, stop worrying about not being able to answer emails..what matters now, is for you to concentrate on ur treatment..and please avoid from getting stress..
chaychay644

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Hello all. Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes. I have been transferred out of Intensive Care Unit into the Intermediate Care Unit. I am on intraveinious drip of antibiotics because the infection that I have is resistant to overcome. I am now able to walk a few steps, and to sit next to my bed for a few hours at a time. I am recovering, but it will take me a long while to get back to how I was before this incident occurred.
Praise God for His love and His mercy.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:41 pm

jadegil6 wrote:Hello all. Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes. I have been transferred out of Intensive Care Unit into the Intermediate Care Unit. I am on intraveinious drip of antibiotics because the infection that I have is resistant to overcome. I am now able to walk a few steps, and to sit next to my bed for a few hours at a time. I am recovering, but it will take me a long while to get back to how I was before this incident occurred.
Praise God for His love and His mercy.

Hi,

Thanks to be to God you are doing fine and improving. Hope you will restore your health as soon as possible. We continue to pray for your fast recovery.

God speed.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Michael, we are very happy that you have moved into intermediate care and that you are continuing to recover. We are still praying for you that you will have a complete recovery soon, and that the antibiotic drip will work well for you to cure your infection completely. :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum