What was your day like?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What was your day like?

Postby Edwin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:40 am

Just after receiving the good news, our daughter called and asked me what I was doing the rest of the day. I told her that I thought my wife, Carol, was going to wash clothes, which she didn't, but I think that is a job for tomorrow. Anyway she asked me if I could come get her husband and her and take them to Spokane. They live on the other side of the Indian Reservation, and he is a native guy. He has a type of arthritis that a lot of the natives get, and needed to go to a doctor's appointment in Spokane. Someone else was supposed to take them, but they forgot, and when reminded they said that their car was not working the best, so I told her that I would come to get them. They live several miles out of Nespelem, and I had never been to the place before where they lived, so I was not 100% sure how to get there. Our daughter explained but I turned on the wrong road, and about one block I knew it was wrong. So I turned around, and suddenly I get a call from her asking me if I was the one that turned around, and I told her I was. They were in Nespelem loading up water for their horses and saw me, so she told me which road to take, and asked me to drive slower so that they would know that I was going the right direction. So we all went to their place, and they had ham/bacon and hash brown potatoes left over, so I ate some of them, and then gave the rest to their dog, including one slice of white bread with jam, which I didn't care to eat, and he appreciated it very much.

We then went to Spokane where he went to see the doctor, and our daughter went in with him as she is a nurse and can help care for him. I read my lonely planet Philippine book while they were in at the doctor's office. Then we went and found a chainsaw store, and they bought some chainsaw supplies as they cut firewood for a living. On the way back we ate at McDonald's, and when we got back to their place I hung out with them for a few minutes while they took care of their horse they are going to be running in the Omak Rodeo Suicide race. Then we looked at their swiming/fishing hole, watched the mosquitos trying to bite, and then I came on home, after having a really nice day with the kids. I loaned them a 26 foot travel trailer. They have a large horse trailer there, a 2 ton truck to haul wood with, and will have a pickup there shortly. They sleep in the trailer, but they haul their water, do their cooking outside on a camp fire, and they also sit around on tree stump cuts until it gets dark and the mosquitos start biting them too much. The mosqutos really bother our daughter. They love to suck her blood, and she also really swells up from their bites! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm

We have typhoon in the country, typhoon kabayan and the other one is coming again. I do not know when will these typhoon leave the country. we still have rainfall but thanks be to God we are not so affected here in Mindanao.Tropical depression "LANDO" is also in the county.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am

crisipicada wrote:We have typhoon in the country, typhoon kabayan and the other one is coming again. I do not know when will these typhoon leave the country. we still have rainfall but thanks be to God we are not so affected here in Mindanao.Tropical depression "LANDO" is also in the county.

Yes, you don't need those typhoons in your country, huh, Crisi?

I'm glad you are not that affected in Mindanao, Crisi! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:46 am

We went to church this morning, and it was a good church service. I got kind of tickled. I couldn't help but think about what our daughter over by Spokane told us. There is an older lady there that doesn't like the loud music, so she blurts right out loud, "Turn it down!" That is really funny, and we know this woman since 1985.

We didn't know any of the songs/choruses that they were singing because we have been gone from this church for about 14 years. They did sing an old familiar hymn at the end though. They had communion service, and that was nice. Most of the churches we have attended the communion drinks and bread was passed out down the rows of church seats, but here everyone filed up front took the drink cup and bread, then went back to their seats, then most everyone partook together after that. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I got nose bleed studying my lessons for final exam this weekend. Please help.Please pray. :( :( :(
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 pm

crisipicada wrote:I got nose bleed studying my lessons for final exam this weekend. Please help.Please pray. :( :( :(

Yes, I will pray for you, Crisi! :) :)
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks a lot, Sir Edwin, but quite worried I am losing weight I am on 38 kilos just today. :( :( :( Quite no appetite to eat, late to go to bed studying lessons, wake up at 4am when i was commuting house to be at the office on time, sometimes I do not eat breakfast. I am deteriorating. :( :( :( :(

Sad about work, many things to update since the outgoing personnel did not properly turn over to me the files both soft and hard files. :( :x :( :x :( :x :( :x
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:13 am

crisipicada wrote:Thanks a lot, Sir Edwin, but quite worried I am losing weight I am on 38 kilos just today. :( :( :( Quite no appetite to eat, late to go to bed studying lessons, wake up at 4am when i was commuting house to be at the office on time, sometimes I do not eat breakfast. I am deteriorating. :( :( :( :(

Sad about work, many things to update since the outgoing personnel did not properly turn over to me the files both soft and hard files. :( :x :( :x :( :x :( :x

Crisi, you are welcome. I am sorry about your outgoing personnel not turning the files over to you properly. I am also sorry about your continued health problems. I will continue to pray for you.

We got up very early this morning. We are visiting with our kids near Spokane. We went to the airport with our daughter to take our grandson to put him on a flight across the USA. His first landing was in Salt Lake City, a layover, and then continued flight to the East Coast. There is an Assembly of God Church that is interested in him being their worship leader and youth leader. They watched a video taping of him playing the piano and singing. They paid for his flight, and then this church will be voting on him, so we pray it turns out as God wills. He is talented and enthusiastic, so we are hopeful. They are more conservative back there so he will have to dress better than he does here. He is excited about this opportunity so we are anxious and praying the Lord will have His way. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:41 am

This morning started of with a piece of whole grain toast and 2 eggs. I helped our daughter milk a goat that is not cooperating, but she is doing better. She doesn't want to get up on the platform to be milked. We had to drag her to the platform, but once we got her there she got up willingly, so we are making progress with her. I had a glass of goat's milk with my toast and eggs. We brought 2 gallons of cow's milk with us, but we have been here visiting our daughter for more than a week now. We are going home Monday morning. It is fun to visit, but I like home also. Our grandson took the position of worship/youth leader in an Assembly of God church in Pennsylvania, so he and his dad are driving there starting Monday, and his dad will fly home, to Seattle, then here to Spokane. Our granddaughter is also moving to attend Moody Bible College, so we are proud of and happy for both of them that they want to do what the Lord wants them to do! Our granddaughter who was living with us is moving here so she can attend running start at Eastern Washington University while she completes her senior year of high school. So our kids having her, they will not miss their own kids quite so much.

We went with our daughter while she cleaned her mother-in-law's house for which she gets paid. Then we brought a floor jack home, so that our son-in-law could jack up the motor to change a serpentine belt in our grandson's car.

We went to my wife Carol's cousin's house in Spokane to eat a delicious meal and have some fun visiting. We had turkey, potatoes and gravy, lettuce salad with eatable flowers, cranberry sauce, green beans, corn chips, and we brought brownies home to eat later, which we did while visiting with each other for a while longer. It was a good and fun day! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby farmer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:17 pm

According to the news, there will be two (2) typhoon coming into the Philippines until the month (August) ends. It has been two weeks that the weather is not good. Early in the morning, there are rain drops until 8am. The sun appear or rise late and at noon time or 1pm, heavy rain is what the country experiencing, lately. The worst thing is that there are lots of dengue patients all over the county. In fact, it increases to 300% compare last year. To avoid such occurrence or being infected, make your own mosquito spray against it. Soak a onion and garlic in a liter of water overnight. Add lemon juice on it and spray it over plants or on your backyard against mosquitoes. It is effective and economical. :D
farmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum