Healthy Individual

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Healthy Individual

Postby Edwin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:03 pm

This morning church service was okay. I missed the piano playing that we had last Sunday. This Sunday we had two guitars and two people singing.

The set up for the sermon was a short film, that basically had several people talking about church. Many things were said but 2 things stood out. One was that all various demoninations are represented in our church, including Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, and others mentioned all of which are represented even though it is a Free Methodist Church. Another thing that was said is that we may not all agree completely on doctine, which is true, but we can all come together and worship. The thrust was come as you are, and one of the gals on the skid asked, "Is there a dress code?" The answer was, "Yes there is, you have to wear clothes!"

The sermon was about being a healthy individual, and I think the meaning was mainly spiritual health. We are created to be in relationships, and God saw that was good. We need relationships, and we need each other. We are also made to be worshippers. We will worship someone or something, and God wants us to worship Him, and the most value comes from that. We are made to be lovers also. God has given His love to us, and He wants us to love Him and love each other. Love is very important. The person who is born of God loves. It is important that we grow spiritually, so that we do not remain spiritual babies for ever, and that we feed on spiritual truth from God's Word.

Ten lepers were cleansed of their disease by Jesus, and told to show themselves to the priest. One gave God glory for this. Jesus said, Luke 17:19; "And he said unto him Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole." In all this faith is necessary. :D :D
Edwin

Re: Healthy Individual

Postby Twosparrows » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Yes, my church has the same dress code...LOL!
Like what you said about all the different denominations represented in your church. I was raised a devout Catholic then in my twenties I began to study the Bible for myself instead of just listening to what the priests said. I realized I had only been following a religion and I needed a real relationship with Jesus. It changed my life forever! However studying and learning brings about the temptation of thinking you know it all and therefore judge others who don't think the same. It has taken time like any journey does and am now at the point where it is easy to seperate doctrines from people. The doctrine can be judged by the Bible but only God can judge a persons heart. So now it doesn't matter to me what denomination a person is, just as long as they have Jesus in their heart!
Twosparrows

Re: Healthy Individual

Postby Edwin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:46 pm

What are the different categories of health? You may or may not be healthy physically. Some people do have health problems but they try very hard to be healthy, and their health does not deteriorate to the same extent that others who have health problems, but are not concerned to try to preserve their health. Diabetes is one disease that some people are very careful what they eat, and they take their medication as well as trying to exercise, and then their diabetes does not cause the deterioration like people who are careless with their eating, don't exercise, and don't take medication that they need. All of us have seen this in other people. There is also spiritual health. There is mental and emotional health. We need to be health all the way around. We need to tend to our spiritual person. We need to think good thoughts, and cultivate things that will keep us calm and collected. We also need to take some of the medication called a merry heart, because the Bible says that is like medicine. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum