Age Difference

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Age Difference

Postby tom » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:03 pm

tgbrowntwo wrote:I have a couple of friends who are both married to Filipina ladies, many years younger than themselves, in fact one gentleman is 67 years old and his wife is 33 years old. Both couples still seem to be very happy and enjoying their lives, their Filipina wives look after them as if they were babies, and I am sure this will continue until they die. I am positive that both the ladies involved are trustworthy and honest, albeit they are being well looked after and will eventually own their respective family homes. I for one would have no hesitation in being with a younger women, it would most likely keep you
on your toes and make you feel much younger.
    hmmmm,
    "Both couples still seem to be very happy and enjoying their lives, their Filipina wives look after them as if they were babies"
    the "older" i become, the better that sounds... :lol:
    this thread is very encouraging to me... just reading this thread has made me feel like a young man... :lol:
    hmmm, is it really true filipinas look after their older men like "babies"??? wow, now i'm wondering if the tender care of younger filipinas for their men also includes what is written in proverbs 5:19??? hehehe... (especially considering the literal meaning of the hebrew words in that verse)... :lol: ;)
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby crisipicada » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 am

As far as psychological and emotional being to consider, it is better that a woman should consider a man with 15 years and above to equate her emotional and psychological being. This has been a study and I believe it works. Others would say, it is better to marry someone who is older because they are so much caring and loving. But still, I am scared now to be into a relationship because of so many heartaches, so much pain, so much promises and so much emotionally depressing. Now, I want to give everything to the Lord which I was wrong and never done that long time ago. So much trust to person I have met. Now, I count on to the Lord as what He said, It is better to trust God than to put confidence in man.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:53 am

My brother-in-law, my wife's sister's husband, they are both dead by now, anyway when his wife turned 40 years old he would say that he wanted to trade her for 2, 20s. What he was saying was that he wanted to get two twenty years old girls to take the place of his 40 year old wife. It was just a joke. He was a young police officer in Colorado, and he took up with a woman, sent his wife home, had a baby with this woman, then a few years later she became history, and he married his first wife again, and lived with her until he died of Alziemers. He was 56 years old when he died, and we liked him a lot and missed him. Carol's sister just died a few weeks ago at 80 years old, and now they are buried together. The baby from that 2nd marriage is now a little past middle aged woman, and my how does time fly. It seems only yesterday, that she was a little girl riding with us in our car. We were approaching Chief Joseph Dam where we lived, and Carol, said to this little girl, "Delma, look at the Dam lights." Delma said, "Antie Carol, you really shouldn't talk that way!" :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby chaychay644 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:02 am

For me age really matters..why because I have been into relationships wherein my bf is only a bit older than me and it was a disaster..and if I am going to compare it to my present which is my fiance and he is 16 years older than I..its just perfect..he can deal w/ my emotions, feelings, attitudes and he just seem to understand every bit of my attitude..h don't get mad so easily whenever I have tantrums..and I believe that older man also knows already how to deal w/ their relationships coz they are more matured and yeah they already learned from their mistakes..heheh
chaychay644

Postby i am bob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 am

My thoughts on age difference...

How many people have you known in their "golden" years who were so very young at heart? How many have you known barely out of their teens and into their twenties who had forgotten that a smile can brighten everyone's day? How many friends do you have that are older / younger than you? My father turned 87 this year (as did my mother... lol!) while a woman i almost married when I was in my 20s has been gone and buried since the age of 32... None of us has the answer - only He above does! So, if you are fortunate enough to find true love, look at it as a gift! Don't look at age... Don't think about what other people might say... Don't worry about heart ache if one should leave before the other... Just give your all and enjoy each and every day that you are blessed enough to share!
it is better to hear "i love you" than to hear nothing at all...
i am bob

Postby BigBlastGuy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:13 pm

chaychay644 wrote:For me age really matters..why because I have been into relationships wherein my bf is only a bit older than me and it was a disaster..and if I am going to compare it to my present which is my fiance and he is 16 years older than I..its just perfect..he can deal w/ my emotions, feelings, attitudes and he just seem to understand every bit of my attitude..h don't get mad so easily whenever I have tantrums..and I believe that older man also knows already how to deal w/ their relationships coz they are more matured and yeah they already learned from their mistakes..heheh

Very interesting. You like the older guy because he can better deal with your emotions and tantrums?

I definitely look only for women who are emotionally stable. I like women who are calm and not emotionally up and down. Both men and women should be mature and in control of their emotions before entering relationship. One person (either woman or man) having emotional ups and downs will destroy a relationship.
BigBlastGuy

Postby Edwin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:30 pm

I agree with you ChayChay, that often a person a little older is better able to handle emotional situations. I think it makes perfect sense for the man to marry a woman much younger than he. As far as women being emotionally unstable, you might say, and throwing tantrums, I think it is fairly common, and it is important for the man to be willing and able to deal with that. Many women can't help being that way, and they need a man who can even things out for them. Communication, showing a caring attitude, being sympathetic, and even using a little humor can really help. A guy can make the situation worse for the woman and himself by his attitude, or he can make things much better by the way he deals with the emotional expressions and the tantrums. A wise person knows how to deal with that, that will help the woman feel much better. Two people are supposed to support each other. When one is down, the other can lift that person up, and visa versa. We don't live in a perfect world, and things do not always go so smoothly, but two people can help each other to live through those times and be happy. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby i am bob » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:59 am

crisipicada wrote:As far as psychological and emotional being to consider, it is better that a woman should consider a man with 15 years and above to equate her emotional and psychological being. This has been a study and I believe it works. Others would say, it is better to marry someone who is older because they are so much caring and loving. But still, I am scared now to be into a relationship because of so many heartaches, so much pain, so much promises and so much emotionally depressing. Now, I want to give everything to the Lord which I was wrong and never done that long time ago. So much trust to person I have met. Now, I count on to the Lord as what He said, It is better to trust God than to put confidence in man.

I too have had relationships that have failed - and I too am scared each time I try anew! But I know that for each time which was a failure, it was also a learning experience for me... to teach me to be a better man for the woman I will someday find and love... He will lead me to her in His own time and His own way and, of course, when least expected! For what he will have me see will be a woman more beautiful and perfect than any other on this earth! Regardless of any age, nationality, hair color, height, weight or shoe size! This He will do for all of us!!!
it is better to hear "i love you" than to hear nothing at all...
i am bob

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:14 am

BigBlastGuy wrote:Very interesting. You like the older guy because he can better deal with your emotions and tantrums?

I definitely look only for women who are emotionally stable. I like women who are calm and not emotionally up and down. Both men and women should be mature and in control of their emotions before entering relationship. One person (either woman or man) having emotional ups and downs will destroy a relationship.

Well, there are times that in a relationships we encounter problems especially that we are in LDR..oftentimes I got very emotional w/ those problems and yeah tantrums are part of it..i think its normal for persons to have some flaws like that coz I admit I am very far from being perfect..so he have to accept me including my imperfections..
chaychay644

Postby chaychay644 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:24 am

Edwin wrote: A wise person knows how to deal with that, that will help the woman feel much better. Two people are supposed to support each other. When one is down, the other can lift that person up, and visa versa. We don't live in a perfect world, and things do not always go so smoothly, but two people can help each other to live through those times and be happy. :D :D :D :D

I agree w/ you Kuya Edwin..persons who are in a relationship is just a matter of give and take..as we could see most of the reasons why there are so many broken homes simply because neither of the persons wants to give in..they tend to compete on each others reasoning capabilities and who among them will win on their drama..hehehe..or no one of them wants to listen on the explanations behind the behavior/actions..because I believe that for every actions there is a corresponding reason why such behavior has been carried out..
chaychay644

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum