Are you addicted to Watching TV?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Are you addicted to Watching TV?

Postby crisipicada » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Last weekend, we had good bonding with my mother. Since she had fond of watching telenovela, I sit beside her and watch TV too. I get interested with those tagalog movie. Mama carried away with her emotion and sometimes, I can see her tears fell on her face. What a good weekend I have had to have good tallked with Mama. I love mama and prepare her food. So please Mama please do not get mad and sometimes control your temper because it is contagious. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Sometimes watching television is a release and a pleasure. Sometimes it is fun to watch with someone, and visit with them at the same time. :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:29 pm

I live in Ontario Canada. I watch some television in the winter months but in the summer I often go weeks without watching any at all. Life is far more interesting than a tv screen.
Smiley

Postby crisipicada » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 pm

I was watching TV on Miss Universe 2011. That was the time I stayed long waiting until the final result will be given. I really enjoyed seeing that Ms. Philippines, Shamcey got the 3rd runner up. My officemates bet that she will win the Miss Universe if not 1st runner up. They commented that it was so unfair, since only Miss Philippines speak english while the rest has their own interpreter. Therefore, Miss Philippines is smarter than them. For me, being in top 5 is already a big achievement and i am proud of filipina women. Congratulations to the winners!!!!!
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:27 pm

That is great that Ms. Philippines, Shamcey, got 3rd place, and I agree with you, she should have become Miss Universe! Pride in filipina women is well deserved! And yes, congratulations to the winners! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:16 am

My brother and his wife were taking care of her mother until she died. The lady was wheel chair bound and couldn't do much, so they got the satelite television reception for her. Of course they watched it with her; what else could they do? By the time she died I think they had become addicted to watching it, and I am really surprised that it would happen to them, but it did. Carol and I went over to stay at their place 3 years ago to milk their goats and do their chores. We enjoyed watching the television, but we were not there long enough to become addicted. We watch some Bill and Gloria Gaither programs which was fun. We went over to take them some cream and butter the day after Christmas; late Christmas for them. What did we see but a flat screem high definition television set. It is true the picture was very sharp and colorful. My sister-in-law said that she liked it because she could hear it better, and my brother was not happy to have the sound turned up so that she could hear the other television, so I guess the sound is much better. They got it for each other's Christmas, and my brother likes to watch the sports, and I guess that is mostly what they watch. My older sister watches the sports because she and her husband always watched it before he died. Now it is sentimental for her to watch the sports and remember watching them with her late husband. That brings up another interesting question. Why do they call a dead person late? Interesting, huh? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:40 am

I am addicted to tv es like crime scenes shows im addicted to those CSI's Hawaaian 5 O all those Fox crimes darn its addicting. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Smakdict » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:32 am

Happy New Year!!!!!
Smakdict

Postby Edwin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:57 am

Smakdict wrote:Happy New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year to you also!!!! :) :) :) :)
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:32 am

Television and me go back a long ways. My parents did not approve of television, so we did not have one in the house, except when my younger brother came home for a short period of time and brought a television with him. After he left Mom and Dad carried it out to where we ground grain to feed the cows, and there it got pretty dusty. When I was in elementary school us kids used to stop at the neighbors on the way home from school and watch cartoons on the television. This was in the 1950s. One day we saw Dad's car go by, and we knew we were in bad trouble, but all that happened was he called, had the neighbors tell us that we were to get home and get to doing the chores. We were relieved that we didn't get into trouble. My older brother had a television, and I worked for him and lived with his family for part of the year, ploughing in the field, building fence, picking rock, and running combines, threashing wheat grain, and then I watched his television. When I married Carol, she had a television, so we started watching it on a regular basis. We watched Country Western Music shows, Johnny Cash shows, Hee Haw, and a bunch of others. I got into the habit of watching television, and I watched way more of it than I should have, waisting my time when I should have been doing other things, and that was the worst part of the television was watching it when I should have been doing something else. Even when I was going to college I would have the television playing and you would think it would have affected my college work, but it didn't. I was able to concentrate on my work with the television playing. We move deep into the Cascade Mountians where we lived and worked for 10 years. You could only get to that place with a boat or an airplane. We didn't have television reception there, and at that time satelite was pretty expensive, so we did without television. We did watch television when we dog/house sat for people, and being already weaned away from television we decided we did not want to watch as many commercials as you have to watch to watch television, so we simply have not had television reception since. We have VHS tapes and DVD tapes that we can watch, but we don't even watch them very often. When we were able to watch while dog/house sitting we enjoyed the Gaither Gospel Music shows, also some other church programs, as well as National Geographic, History, and a few others. Carol and I have enough hobbies interests that we don't need television. Carol spins, knits, and reads books. I spend all my spare time between this and playing church songs/hymns on the piano. I need to get my trombones out one of these days and warm them up, and I probably will eventually for variety. I have an accordion that I have played off and on that I might get out and play before long also. While I didn't have a piano in the house I played an accordiaon that my sister gave to me. Antoher lady gave me a book that showed the buttons to use for various keys. So I get that book out, figure out which buttons to use to play in a certain key, and then I play the song. A friend of ours listening to me play the accordion told me not to quite my regular job! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: We have a guitar here, but It has been so long since I have played the guitar that I have forgotten most all the cords that I used to know. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum