Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:01 pm

I have been asked if we can put Avatars on the Forum. I am experimenting here, and it looks like it will work. There is a website at http://www.avatarsdb.com/
which has free Avatars that can be posted onto a Forum. I imagine that there are other sites as well. This free site has a code that can be copied and pasted onto any Topic or Reply. This site says they have 40,752 free Avatars that anyone can grab to use on the Forum. Have some fun!!
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: Avatars

Postby Chas » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:16 pm

jadegil6 wrote:Image
I have been asked if we can put Avatars on the Forum. I am experimenting here, and it looks like it will work. There is a website at http://www.avatarsdb.com/
which has free Avatars that can be posted onto a Forum. I imagine that there are other sites as well. This free site has a code that can be copied and pasted onto any Topic or Reply. This site says they have 40,752 free Avatars that anyone can grab to use on the Forum. Have some fun!!

Hi Michael

My profile still says avatars disabled. Have you enabled them for everybody or just the Admin Group?

Chas
Chas

Postby Chas » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Many thanks - Avatars now seem to be working.

If you have a photo that you want to resize to become your Avatar the following website is very easy to use. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/ Just remember in Step 2 to change the default value of 200 to 90.
Chas

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 am

My apologies for the Avatars were not working correctly at first. Since they worked for me, I assumed they worked for everyone else. After reading your post, Chas, I went into the control panel, and found that I had to 'permit' the use of Avatars by other members. duhhh.... As you can see, I am in a learning process when it comes to this Forum and it's operation.
But I am happy to see that the ability to add Avatars to one's posts is working correctly now, so anyone can do that if they wish.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 pm

whhhewww!!! i been having a hard time to download avatar.....how did you do all that?
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Chas » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:58 pm

red wrote:whhhewww!!! i been having a hard time to download avatar.....how did you do all that?

Which particular step is giving you problems?
Are you using your own photo or an image from a website?
Make sure any avatar is no bigger than 90 x 90 pixels.
Chas

Postby ms.sin17 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 pm

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

heLped me a LOt.. ^_^
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Postby chaychay644 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 am

yepeyyyyyyyyyyy..i have my own avatar now... :) :) :)
chaychay644

Postby red » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 am

Im trying to download something i found in a website. It says here that i need to shrink it or compress because the file size is too big. I been trying many times but it just wont do right. Will try it again. Thank y'all for the ideas.
red

Postby red » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:38 am

,,,,,,,,,,,,,after downloading an avatar, does it show right away or takes time before it will appear?????????? :?
red

Next

Return to General Forum