Sexual Performance

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Sexual Performance

Postby red » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 am

jadegil6 wrote:
red wrote:For the guys, do you believe that eating an egg daily improves your sexuality? :?: I wonder if that is true I read an article about it.

Egg consumption is supposed to increase energy levels. In the Rocky movie Sylvester Stalone's character ate raw eggs every morning prior to going out to run, but in actuality, eating raw eggs is not wise. 5000 people die yearly in the world due to eating undercooked eggs that are contaminated with salmonella.

Libido can be defined as our basic biological need for sexual pleasure...our sex drive. Eggs are high in vitamins B5 and B6, which balance hormone levels and fight stress...two things that crucial to a healthy libido. So in that sense, they could be considered as beneficial for one's sexuality. Hormonal problems are a major factor in sexual dysfunction, so anything that helps to balance one's hormonal levels aids to improve one's sexual desires.

Eggs are high in zinc, and zinc plays a role in semen and testosterone production in men, and in ovulation and fertility in women.

I see, now I know why. ;)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby HappyDave » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm

jadegil6 wrote:5000 people die yearly in the world due to eating undercooked eggs that are contaminated with salmonella.

If that is a correct figure, then I think to be fair and put that into perspective, most if not all of those people were going to die soon of something like Flu etc anyway. Salmonella, generally is just a very unpleasant experience for strong and healthy people.

I have had Salmonella poisoning and it made me toss up a lot and sit on the toilet a lot. Stomach pains were awful, sweating and thought I was going to die, not really I just felt really bad. I was in hospital two days with a saline drip, but it cleared up pretty quickly. There was no real treatment other than to keep stuffing fluids into my body.

I am not saying I would like to go through it again, or that it is trivial, but for strong and healthy people it is not a death sentence.

For as long as I can remember I have always had two eggs for breakfast. Most often they are fried or poached and always with runny yokes. Unless eggs are fried hard, the Salmonella still survives. I am 68 years old in good health and I think the risk is so low that it is still worth it. My Cholesterol etc is all normal, so eggs and coffee it is until I die. LOL :D :D
HappyDave

Postby Edwin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm

I had Salmonella poisoning once maybe about 30 years ago or so. It was so long ago that now I don't really remember much of it except that I was pretty sick, but I didn't need hospitalization. There was a nationally known food delivery to homes and businesses, and they had a problem with the Salmonella poisoning for a time. We got their icecream and loved it, and I ate lots of it. For some reason after that we stopped buying their products.

When I was a young guy we used to make egg nogg out of raw eggs, and I never had problems with that. My brother used to like to eat the eggs raw, but I never cared for a raw egg, but I do like my yoke runny, but I like the white cooked well. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 am

The CDC estimates that over 1 million cases occur annually in the United States, according to a 2011 report. Of these cases, approximately 20,000 result in hospitalization and 378 result in death. This means that Salmonella accounts for almost 30 percent of foodborne illness-related deaths each year. The US has good health care, but the majority of the world's population does not have access to the same quality of health care that we in North America have. So the death rate is much higher in other parts of the world which are commonly referred to as Third World Countries.

Although laboratory-based surveillance provides useful trend information, it underestimates disease burden. To be ascertained in a laboratory-based surveillance system, an ill person must seek medical care, submit a specimen (usually stool), the laboratory must test for the pathogen and report a positive finding, and the laboratory-confirmed infection must be ascertained by public health authorities. Therefore, cases in laboratory-based surveillance represent a fraction of the total community cases However, global estimates are difficult to calculate because many countries, particularly developing countries, have insufficient surveillance data.

Overall, the Worlh Health Organization estimates that 93,757,000 cases of gastroenteritis due to nontyphoidal Salmonella occur annually, The estimated annual number of deaths from Salmonella causes 155,000 deaths worldwide, with the majority of mortality occuring in chidren of 5 years of age or younger and the elderly, and occuring in countries with low levels of per capita income.
(Ekdahl K, de Jong B, Wollin R, Andersson Y. Travel-associated non-typhoidal salmonellosis: geographical and seasonal differences and serotype distribution. Clin Microbiol Infect 2005;11(2):138-144.)

Once infected, salmonellosis harbors a significant morbidity and mortality. One third of untreated patients experience complications and account for three fourths of deaths associated with salmonellosis... (Chambers HF. McPhee SJ, Papadakis MA, Tierney LM, eds. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. 47th ed. McGraw-Hill Co; 2008:1250-1252)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby HappyDave » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh, and I should have mentioned I got it form fish in a restaurant along with 3 buddies an 3 other patrons. The kitchen should have been featured in Kitchen Nightmares. The Health department shut it down about a week later, never to open again. :)

I grew up on a drink of a raw egg, milk and a dash of Vanilla, Mom use to make them, but can't recall what she called them now, egg-something. I don't think it was egg-nog, but kind alike egg-shake or maybe egg-fluffy, egg-whisk or something.
HappyDave

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Yes, HappyDave, what you discribed is what we called egg-nog. We made them with raw eggs, vanilla, and I think a little sugar along with the milk. I got a craving for that drink in 1972 or so, and my Dad told me that if I did not stop drinking so many of them I would probably not live long. He got sick with this heart, Cardio-Vascular, his veins and arteries became clogged. He was really health conscious at that point because he was in bad shape and trying everything he could think of to regain his health. He schooled us on what we should be eating also, and a lot of what he thought we should be eating he was correct about it, and now we eat more like he thought we should eat. It didn't help him much as the damage was already too far progressed in his body. I didn't drink much egg-nog after that; it was just a craving that I had at that time, and boy those drinks tasted good. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby HappyDave » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Edwin, I think you are correct with the little bit of sugar, and Mom called them egg-whip as she would whip them up frothy with one of those old hand cranked egg beaters. They were good, I have to say. Might have to make one now. :)
HappyDave

Postby crisipicada » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Many people would engage to more than one woman to know how they acted during the night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For me, being a Christian, it is not the plan of God after all. I believe that God hates fornication and it makes Him sad and feeling bad. The Holy Spirit cannot work if we keep sinning and it grieve Him. God give us the life to enjoy but it is in the proper way. I believe that we have mistakes in the past. But God forgives us and never remember that if we ask forgiveness. Let us start a clean slate in life. If we really want to enjoy our love life, then we must follow what God wants. Remember, If we obey Blessing, we disobey, Curse. :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby red » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:59 pm

crisipicada wrote:Many people would engage to more than one woman to know how they acted during the night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For me, being a Christian, it is not the plan of God after all. I believe that God hates fornication and it makes Him sad and feeling bad. The Holy Spirit cannot work if we keep sinning and it grieve Him. God give us the life to enjoy but it is in the proper way. I believe that we have mistakes in the past. But God forgives us and never remember that if we ask forgiveness. Let us start a clean slate in life. If we really want to enjoy our love life, then we must follow what God wants. Remember, If we obey Blessing, we disobey, Curse. :D :D :D :D :D

I agree with what you said there Crisi, in fact last sentence above is one of my favorite verse on the Bible. Just coudlnt remember it. This might be out of topic but i like to share it here though i knew this one girl and she told me that a guy asked her is shes still a virgin .... if you are still single and asked that question, i think for me its very offensive. What do you think? :)
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby eric » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:15 pm

:D
Last edited by eric on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum