how to keep the love alive?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: how to keep the love alive?

Postby Edwin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Yes, Edeline, having an open mind helps. This involves thinking of all the posibilities, instead of being closed minded, and having preconceived ideas without entertaining other thoughts. Being understanding is important. When the other person is not understanding that makes life hard. We need to have give and take, and not I give all and you take all, or not you give all and I take all. Each in the relationship needs to have the attitude that I will give all, and then I will get enough in the process, and there will be a lot of love shared. Yes, it is so sad when a situation stops the relationship. Both may understand, but it still is hard. We may think that our person is the only one, but someone has said that there are lots of fishes in the sea. Don't give up, because there is someone out there. It may seem pretty discouraging, but take courage because there is someone who will work for you, and you just need to pray and seek God's leading. Some of the people in our past will always be in our hearts, and that is true. Giving time is important. Giving time contributes to the relationship. We have to give time to each other in order for love to grow and keep alive. They say all good things must come to an end, but no not all good things must come to an end. Some things go on forever, as long as well keep them alive, and keep the love in it. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 am

Remember that love is not always like fireworks, seems so high spirited, exciting, and always feeling alive. What you must think that loving someone is always a commitment, a commitment to stay together despite the odds in life. Remember, living a life on earth is a daily routine, a normal life and not an abnormal one. Abnormal in the sense that you feel you are right and everything is wrong. This is sometimes what lovers feel when they are in love but in truth, it is not - in the long run, life becomes boring, full of sufferings and discouragement. Remember that someone can love the unlovable, because love is to decide to love. Therefore, decide to love now and maintain the love you have.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby edeline » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Open mindedness really helps a lot and brings me to many realizations. That is true that a relationship is a two way process wherein the two will give and take and not just take all of give all but the other is not doing his or her part. I guess there is no place for giving up and instead one must move on when he or she gets down. It is easier said than done but we must have to deal with it. I am so glad looking at those couple walking together showing and seeing how much love they have in their hearts for the person who are with them while walking.

Relationship needs a lot of prayer and it is not like a job that you can quit or resign when you want to. Relationship is a much more complicated thing that needs a help from the other person who is with you.

There are situations that the couple doesn't have a problem on the love they have for each other but some circumstances try to block that nice relationship and it is so sad to hear and have that.
edeline

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 am

Yes, there is daily routine, and love is not all fireworks and ecstacy, but life does tend to become boring for some people, and I think all of us would experience that boredom if we didn't do something to counteract it. We are kind to each other as God wants us to be, because He has put it in our hearts. Little things make life beautiful, like have kind words, kind deeds, and good actions. It is our decision to love, just as God decided to love us, and God gave his own Son and His Son gave of Himself willingly. We can fill our days with things that make for love and happiness, and we will reap the rewards. Being thougthful and caring helps, and a determination not to hurt the other person, but to be careful with their feelings, and support them. When one is down the other can lift that person up, and two are better than one. It helps not to be alone or to feel alone. We put the value in live by the way we live and the way we love. We can be thankful for the other person as a gift from God. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Love is a most wonderful thing! God is love. I was in a small dorm in Bible School with 2 other people. One is now a famous evangelist who travels all over the world, to the Philippines, Wales, and many other countries too numerous to list. He is quite demonstrative in his ministry style. I have his ministry advertisements on my computer from the internet that tells where he goes and what he does. In his meeting he has thousands of people who attend. His thrust is on healing and the demonstration of the Holy Spirit. In the dorm he used to sing a silly song about God loving just anyone, and I can't remember the song now, but after he would sing it he would laugh hilariously, as if God was really doing something to love a character like me, and if you knew me, or know me, you would understand. I never got offended because he was just having fun and not being mean. I really liked him and still do. I actually held a one night church service, Carol, the kids and I in his church when he was pastoring a church in Seattle, Washington. Anyway the other fellow in the dorm was a German fellow, and we have a number of German students in our Bible College as there were a number of German people, Christians, and German Pentecostal churches in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, where I attended Bible College. Anyway this other German student in our dorm, there were four of us, and he would say Gott ease Leib! It was like a greeting with him. He would say that a lot. Anyway God is love. He is the origin of love. The person who loves is of God. There are several kinds of love, but the love that God is about is a pure love, in that God loved us while we were yet sinners. When we say, "I love you," as God loves, we love even when there is not reason to love. We love our enemies. We love those who despitefully use us. We love even when that love is not reciprocated. We love in such a way that only good will come of it. I Corinthians 13: says it all, and that is the kind of love that God wants us to have. He wants us to have love that will only do good, and never be self fulfilling. If we love as God loves that will be perfect love, and that love will leave nothing to be desired. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Keeping a relationship is a working process. I can share some ideas to keep love on fire. Pray for each other, take care of each other (that is the sweetest thing you can do to your partner and it is also a way of showing how much you love your partner), share ideas be open minded don't make your own decision, have time for a date like dining out or play games or watch movie etc. Your love for each other should be greatest than love for your children because when children see that their parents love each other very much, they will look at their parents as role model. Compliment each other, do not forget to say sorry when u do even to a small mistake and always say thank you. Do not forget important dates like birthdays and anniversaries no matter how busy you are. Give gifts even on no special occasions (i like gifts ha ha!) even handmade or personalized ones are best. Help each other esp on house chores. Some wives say it's sweet for a husband who help them or give them a break on house chores. Call your partner in some way unique like some pet name. Always check your partner if he or she is okay. Always respect each other and be honest. If either of that is absent then relationship will go rocky (oh yeah like couple will do rocky the boxing movie)lol. And lastly do some experiment in lovemaking (for married couples only). :D Submit to God because He makes love wonders. No God, then couple will wander. lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:21 pm

How to keep love alive? Feed it Chocolate candy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This brought some old memories alive. When I was still in high school, I was living with my older brother and sister-in-law, because they farmed a large acre amount, like 2700 acres of wheat land. I was the main hired man, and they paid me well for that work back then, actually more than my Dad paid me for working for him, but that was okay, as I didn't care much about money back then, and I was happy both places. My brother and sister-in-law went to Canada for a weekend holiday, and I was left home to work in the field and do the chores. We had lots of milk with no one but me to drink it, so I drank so much of it that it made me sick; not sick, sick, but just sit on the toilet a lot.

My sister-in-law left dirty dishes everywhere, in the sink, under the sink, on the table, so I washed all those dishes while they were gone. She also left a whole, large pile of clothes, so I took it upon my self to wash all of them, but I had very little experience, so I did not sort anything out, no types of fabric, no colors, I just washed everything together. I don't think my sister-in-law had the heart to complain, because she didn't ask me or expect me to do any of her house work, but I had fun, and she was delighted! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby lyrehc » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:46 am

Love is a beautiful feeling that ever happens in our lives,but how to keep that alive???? Being full of love sometimes make us forget of our self.I have been crazy in love before so how do i keep it alive in a long period of time:

1. Pray for each other. In our church the pastor is always giving us time to pray for one another. This is the thing that my exbf and I failed to do so we have a failed love :|
2. Trust for each other. In addition to this you should believe in your partner if you love him trust in him and trust in God he knows what is best for you.
3. Be open with each other. Be like best friend that are sharing every moment in there life sharing the up and down.
4. Be yourself. Your partner will love you for being you and everything that is in you he or she will accept it even the differences.
5. Always make your partner laugh :lol: As you can see laughter is the best medicine so make your partner love to add life in your love.
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby red » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 am

Edwin wrote:How to keep love alive? Feed it Chocolate candy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This brought some old memories alive. When I was still in high school, I was living with my older brother and sister-in-law, because they farmed a large acre amount, like 2700 acres of wheat land. I was the main hired man, and they paid me well for that work back then, actually more than my Dad paid me for working for him, but that was okay, as I didn't care much about money back then, and I was happy both places. My brother and sister-in-law went to Canada for a weekend holiday, and I was left home to work in the field and do the chores. We had lots of milk with no one but me to drink it, so I drank so much of it that it made me sick; not sick, sick, but just sit on the toilet a lot.

My sister-in-law left dirty dishes everywhere, in the sink, under the sink, on the table, so I washed all those dishes while they were gone. She also left a whole, large pile of clothes, so I took it upon my self to wash all of them, but I had very little experience, so I did not sort anything out, no types of fabric, no colors, I just washed everything together. I don't think my sister-in-law had the heart to complain, because she didn't ask me or expect me to do any of her house work, but I had fun, and she was delighted! :D :D :D :D

yeah feed 'em with chocolates! :lol: what kind of chocolates you got Sir Ed maybe you can give me some... ;) :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby mitch1989 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:04 pm

give attention to ur partner,be sweet always and surprise him/her like bringing gift
mitch1989

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum