MOVIE FREAK

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: MOVIE FREAK

Postby tom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:44 pm

i have watched a lot of d.v.d.'s from the library this past year...
    a lot of b.b.c. and p.b.s. programs, educational shows, and classic movies...
    i especially enjoy history and historically accurate movies... especially church history...
    in that genre, i highly recommend "Luther" (2003, with Joseph Fiennes as Luther)... for anyone who enjoys church history and is interested in understanding why there was a protestant reformation in europe in the 16th century...
    although i'm not a lutheran, i wept as i watched the movie and realized how much he desired to know and love God... and saw how Jesus used him and others to restore many Biblical truths--- in spite of their weaknesses, mistakes and faults...
Image"Weep not! Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah is victorious... and His kingdom will never end." (rev.5; luke 1:30-33;isaiah 9:6-7,11:1-10)
tom

Postby Edwin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:39 am

We used to watch the "Waltons" on a regular basis. That was the way my parent lived when I was a little boy, and it was the way my grandparents and great grandparents lived. It was their live styles. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm

since it's halloween season, went to video haus rented some movies...suspense horror movies. just seen the Paranormal Activity movie, wow, it was so natural but scary. my daughter loved it..i couldnt stand some of the scenes had to cover eyes...lol
had experienced this feeling like someone watching you. i had one time brushed my teeth and was watching myself doing that in front of the mirror and i felt something passed behind me like cold wind. got scared i swallowed the toothpaste.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Tigger82d » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Another oldie but goodie of a movie is Father Goose. I don't remember them mentioning anything but islands in the south pacific but after making my trip to the Philippines it sure looks alot like there.
Tigger82d

Postby red » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Just seen Nanny McPhee and the Bigbang...very awesome for kids and family..so entertaining can teach some lessons for kids. The first Nanny McPhee was as awesome as the second. Prince of Persia is every entertaining...wont be bored watching it full of actions. I love it.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:23 pm

We were at the library and Carol picked out a movie that she thought might be funny. It had 4 women in it. I shouldn't have, but I said before it started that I wondered if it would be dumb, well it was, and because of bad language and undignified actions Carol stopped it shortly after it began, and so much for hoping we had a funny movie. "Christmas with the Kranks" is one funny movie, and if you have a chance to watch it, you, I am sure, would enjoy its humor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 am

I have seen Christmas with Kranks...indeed it was funny. :lol:
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Share the movies with us that you have seen and that you have enjoyed! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 am

I have seen Gifted Hands by Cuba Gooding Jr. awesome movie. Very inspiring drama made me cry.
red

Postby lyrehc » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Our Pastor once showed us a movie titled "hell is real' honestly I can say that this movie is far to scary than anything I ever seen.. You can hear people asking help that are from underground its the dead that are in hell. I was very moved that I couldn't sleep after watching this keep asking my self is it real to be burn on earth and what I saw in that movie is not illusion or just a camera trick buts its the real one. Im saying this because Im scared of God and his punishment, that movie freak me out and keep me praying that God will forgive me of all my sin.

and to those who read this Believe that God is watching us and that there is hell. So repent and go back to God :D :D :D
lyrehc
lyrehc

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum