What Did You Eat For Breakfast

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

What Did You Eat For Breakfast

Postby Edwin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Breakfast is a very important meal, and I was going to say that it is the most important meal, but they are each important. We used to always eat a heavy meal at supper, but sometimes in the past we have eaten a light meal at supper, and eat the heavy meal at noon. We now eat our supper fairly early, and make it the heavier meal, eating a light meal at lunch, or the mid-day meal. This morning I had 3 chicken fried eggs, one muffin, and a glass of milk, and it was a good breakfast! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: What Did You Eat For Breakfast

Postby mitch1989 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

in breakfast i only drink milk and eat bread...heheeh
mitch1989

Postby Edwin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:20 am

What you wrote here, Mitch, brought back some old memories. We were at the table, and now I don't remember which meal it was it was so long ago, like in the early 1950s, and we were breaking up bread, putting those bread chunks in a glass and filling that glass with milk after which we would eat the milk soaked bread. We love that. I don't remember if my brother was objecting for some reason, but our grandfather, my Dad's Dad told him that if he wanted to get to heaven he had to eat bread and milk! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 pm

My parents would always put cornbread into buttermilk, and they thought that was the greatest thing ever. I always snickered at it, and would never try it coz I didn't think that buttermilk tasted good.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:10 am

Sir Michael, my sister-in-law, the former one, she's still our friend, was heavy into corn bread. We never ate it at my house that I grew up in with my parents, but my sister-in-law loved corn bread. I worked for them as my older brother's hired man in the wheat fields, so I lived with them more than I lived at home during the summers, and she fed us wonderfully; a great cook. I had the best lunches to take to the field that you can imagine. Often times I would not even stop the tractor, but I ate right on the tractor while I was plowing, disking, or whatever I was doing. We had 3 R John Deeres that we did our farming with, and the place where the operator sat was well incased with a hand clutch instead of foot clutch, a brake for each wheel, the diesel hand throttle, and the decompression lever for starting the big engine. My brother got a 5020 John Deere before he quite farming that made those Rs look like mosquitos, and now that huge 5020 is very small compared to the tractors they are using in the fields today. Well, I got off my subject of what I was going to say. We had cornbread with butter and honey, and cornbread with dry boiled beans, and boy was that corn bread good! I will agree with you on the butter milk. My Dad and my older brother loved butter milk. They always let the cream sour a bit before they made the butter, so you know what the butter milk tasted like, and I didn't think anyone should be drinking it! Carol and I churned our butter out of sweet cream, but we had so much cream and milk that we just gave the butter milk to the big dog, Scooby mixed in with his dog food and when he would see butter milk coming he would lick his chops and the saliva would run!!!! The cow is going down on her milk, and our kids are getting some little pigs, so there goes our milk; no more milk for us! :( We are now buying it out of the store, and that is okay. I was paying the kids $50.00 each month for feed in return for milk and eggs. We got a gallon of milk every day, until the cow went down on her milk, then we got a gallon every other day, and we miss it already. We don't have to pay the $50.00 a month now, but it cost us more than than to buy the milk out of the store, but that is okay as we will get more milk later when the cow comes fresh again, and when the kids don't have pigs to feed. The kids do the animals and garden, and we just take what we can get and try to be fair about it. I am supporting a horse that belongs to my grandkids, and I should be ridding that horse a little for fun, but you know how life can be sometimes, and I rode horses so much when I was younger that it is nothing that I have a strong desire for, but I should ride that horse just for old times sake! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:08 am

Had pancake and sugar free coffee.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 am

Red, we eat hotcakes periodically, and I put lots of honey on mine, stacked 2 deep, and drink milk with them. Carol eats hers with some sugar free syrup. I like waffles also. They are good soaked in syrup or honey. Then I like to eat some eggs on mine also. Usually always I eat cooked oatmeal with raisins. Sunday I was just talking with my friends about our time in the Philippines. My friend and I would eat cooked old fashion, slow cook oatmeal with milk and sliced mangos while the sun was coming up, and we would be looking over at Cebu Island where the ferries cross at the southern end, and I still have fun thinking about that. They told me Sunday that they want me to return with them when they take their next trip to the Philippines, and some of his filipina's family missed seeing me, but it just did not work out, and I couldn't go inspite of the fact that I wanted to badly.

This morning I had cooked old fashion slow cook oatmeal with milk, cranraisins, with sliced almonds, and boy was that good! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm

This morning for breakfast I had several eggs, toast with pumpkin jam, bacon, and milk. It was a good breakfast. The bread was whole grain bread with some seeds and oatmeal on the crust. They must have rolled the loaf in the seeds and oatmeal to have that on the crust. I like to eat, so it is a good thing that I am walking most every day. I try to be mindful of what I am eating, so that I just don't mindlessly eat wrong foods or far to much food. Diet and exercise have to go together. You can't get enough exercise to make up for over eating, and it is not healthy to try to loose weight without exercising. A little exercise is always good. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:18 pm

I am having dried squid he he lami kaayo crunchy with pinakurat nga vinegar asus pwerte kalamiiiii :lol:
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:08 pm

We had some business to do in town today, and we were out of milk and cheerios for Carol, so we went to town. Our daughter wanted us to be there about 9 a.m., which meant that we needed to get around early in order to do that. She wanted us to get there early enough to hang out with her and her daughter before the daughter had to go to school. They are doing testing which she has already done, because of coming from another school, so she didn't need to be at school until about 11 a.m. I got up a 6 a.m. to take my shower, shave, and clean up to go to town, as it takes us an hour to drive there, and especially with the wet muddy roads. I don't like to drive fast enough to throw mud all over the car. I can pick our car out easily in a parking lot by looking for the really muddy car! Anyway I ate a bowl of cooked oatmeal and raisins with milk, and it was good! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Next

Return to General Forum