Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: What motivates a man sexually?

Postby bushdr3 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 am

In my case, breaving would be nice :D
bushdr3

Postby jadegil6 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:44 pm

One cliche says that if a woman has sex with a man on their first date, then that will not lead to love. This appears to be true according to a study done by University College London. It showed that a relationship had a much better chance of getting off the ground if the couple postpones intimacy until after they have known each other for awhile. The early stages of a relationship allow women to gather information about a man to determine if he is romantic, if they are compatable, if he will be a good provider, and if he will be a good father to their children. Women also think that the most "reliable" men will be willing to wait until a latter date to become intimate.

Another cliche says that men are more drawn towards casual sex than women. Researchers at Dunham University in the UK interviewed over 2000 men and women, and asked about their feelings after partaking in a one night stand, which is the same thing as sexual intimacy on the first date. Eighty percent of the men reported that they viewed the experience as positive, and they wanted to brag about their exploits to their male friends. But only 54% of the women described their night of passion as positive. In fact the majority of the female participants, including most in the 54% stated that they had let themselves down, and were worried about damaging their reputations. Most reported that they did not find the experience as sexually satisfying, and wished it had never happened. Evolutionarily, women have born the brunt of child-rearing, so it's important for them to enter relationships with men who could potentialy become husbands, making it less likely that they would want to have sex with just anybody. Another study done by researchers at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia reported that when given the choice, men would prefer to have causal sex instead of being in a relationship, and women were just the opposite.

A third cliche is that women find "bad boys" especially attractive. The journal (Emotion) published by the American Psychological Association reports a study that shows men who look more moody or sullen are more physically attractive to women than men who smile. They reason that a man with a "don't come near me" face conveys that he is strong and valuable which are two traits that women traditionally look for in a man.

The forth cliche is that men become uncomfortable when women cry in front of them. Although men report that they hate to be around a woman who is crying, it is not because they are uncaring. There is a biological reason behind this. Researchers at Weizmann Institure in Rehovot, Israel conducted a study that had men sniff a liquid solution. Some of the men sniffed female tears, and others sniffed a salt water solution. The men who sniffed the actual tears showed a reduced level of arousal, a slower breathing rate, and lower levels of testosterone. And when shown photos of beautiful women, the men who had sniffed the actual tears found the women to be unattractive. So if you are a woman, and you cry in front of a man, then that is a major turnoff for him.

The last cliche I will mention is that men prefer younger women, and that women prefer rich men. Research published in the journal, Biology Letters, reports that men prefer younger women because they are very fertile, increasing their odds of having lots of healthy offspring. Likewise, women preferred older, wealthier men due to their status, plentiful resources, and ability to provide for their children.

So there is some truth to all of these cliches.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby red » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:17 pm

I agree on the first paragraph above. There can be a danger and sad side on that. As for the rest of cliche some maybe true to others some maybe not.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:45 am

"The early stages of a relationship allow women to gather information about a man to determine if he is romantic, if they are compatable, if he will be a good provider, and if he will be a good father to their children. Women also think that the most "reliable" men will be willing to wait until a latter date to become intimate."

This is the one that makes the most sense to me. I think for men and women it is better to take time to get to know the other person well before intimacy. Romance is important to many women and men as well, but may more important to women, but it is good to be romantic. Compatability is important so that 2 people can get along with each other. Being willing and able to provide is important for the security and well-being of the home. Being a good father I think is very important to the women, so that they can have a stable family. Of course along with many Bible believing Christians I believe that intimacy should only come after marriage, and then it is very rewarding. Otherwise it can be a curse. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby crisipicada » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:03 am

Yes, I still believe that if you claim that you are christian, your standard of living especially in relationship with opposite sex must based on the word of God. Many claim that they are christian but still do what is not according to God's will. Many still engage into sex before marriage. Some use human thinking and later on if it did not work, struggling to find what is the best thing to do so that relationship will grow. They never realize that if you keep on doing what you want and it really violates God's law, you will keep on struggling and end up frustration. While, if you submit to the will of God and what He says, I believe that we always have peace in mind and joy because we trust Him for our lovelife. Yes, curse because that is the result of disobedience in God's command. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Yes God sets before people a way of blessing and a way of a curse. Obey God and have the blessing, but disobey God and you will get the curse. I know there is forgiveness with God, and He is always looking for the sinner to be repentant. It is best to live a life that is in harmony with God and His plan. Sex before marriage or outside of marriage is always wrong, and there is a heavy price to pay for such endulgence. Better to live according to God's plan, and allow Him to bless you. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum