Tebowing

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Re: Tebowing

Postby red » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:08 pm

I don't like so long prayer over meals. I think just thank for blessings and food ask God to bless it. Other concerns just include them in another time for praying. That's how I do it :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 am

You are right, Red, long prayers are not necessary at food time. Some pray to be heard, and they like the sound of their prayers. God would rather have us pray from our hearts and not so that other people can hear what kind of prayers we pray. Matthew 23:14; "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation." Jesus was not happy with those people because they just prayed, pretending and not sincere.
Edwin

Postby red » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:41 pm

I do pray in silent always. Most members at our church they pray out loud. I am one of those silent. God hears us even just in our thoughts.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

You are right, Red, in that God hears the silent prayers also. I am not the typical shout at the top of lungs guy. I am more silent and reserved. Strange for a retired Pentecostal Preacher, huh? I know! I love to worship, sing, pray, praise, but I will not win the contest for the loudest one there! One guy tickled me a few weeks ago in church. The guy delivering the sermon was 18 years old, and he did a very fine job. A guy was in the church that I used to substitute teach with in the public schools. This kid asked everyone to form a circle around the outside, but inside of the church if you know what I mean. I was next to him, and commented that, that was the first time I had ever seen that done in that church. He told me that when something like that takes place, he said that he would drag his feet, but he as well as I liked that very much. We all sang "Praise God From Whole All Blessings Flow," and it was quite nice and effective right at the end of the church service. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Tebow to deliver Easter sermon
Updated: Apr 06, 2012 11:34 AM PDT
By Matt Quillen - email

NFL quarterback Tim Tebow plans to deliver the sermon at an Easter Sunday church service with as many as 30,000 in attendance (Source: Clemed/MGN)GEORGETOWN, TX (RNN) – Tim Tebow recently took his talents to the Big Apple, but he plans to spend Easter in the Longhorn State.

The New York Jets quarterback and evangelical is scheduled to deliver the Easter Sunday sermon at the Celebration Church, with around 30,000 people in attendance, according to KVUE. Church leaders began preparing for the crowd by erecting outdoor seating to accommodate on their 60-acre site.

Tebow is the son of Bob Tebow, the head of his self-named evangelistic association, and is no stranger to public speaking. He spoke on March 16 in Montgomery, AL, at a fundraiser for the Cancer Wellness Foundation of Central Alabama.

Susan Bruchis, executive director for the foundation, said the 24-year-old's sincerity and "wisdom beyond his years" left her and the other 2,400 in attendance inspired.

"It was as if he was talking to each person individually," Bruchis said. "You would see his face, looking at him on the big screen, but somehow it became a very personal message."

She believed those in attendance for his sermon would all walk out feeling better from hearing him.

"You get the distinct impression that it is for real with him," Bruchis said. "For whatever it's worth, that is a gift he gives to anyone he meets."

KVUE reported Tebow would speak for about 20 minutes during the 10 a.m. service. Pastor Joe Champion described the upcoming event as "our Super Bowl" but promised it would be a sacred gathering.

"It's not a Tim Tebow show," Champion told KVUE. "It's not about a celebrity. There's really only one celebrity that we are going to honor and highlight."

The church rented 110 buses to pick up attendees from six different locations in the city and nearby Round Rock. Champion told the reporter he did not know why Tebow chose the church as the place to speak on Easter.

Tebow was born in the Philippines during a mission trip by his parents and grew up in the Jacksonville, FL, area. He went to school at the University of Florida.

After winning the Heisman Trophy and two national championships, he was drafted by the Denver Broncos. He spent two years with the Broncos and led them to a playoff victory last season before being traded to the Jets.

Organizers for the Celebration Church event said everyone was welcome to attend.

Copyright 2012 Raycom News Network. All rights reserved.
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I like Tim Tebow because he seems to be sincere in his belief and actions.I respect that a lot.I think that he will positively influence a lot of young people facing negative peer pressure as they pass through the trials of life.
Smiley

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 pm

I just learned that the service will be shown on a "livecast". It starts at 10 AM Central Standard Time (US), which is 11 PM in the Philippines. You can see it live on the internet at: weareaustin.com
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:22 am

I am so disappointed that I found no livecast on the weareaustin.com website. Why would the news station be so unprofessional as to report that misleading story? Awwww shucks! I did send a complaint to the general Manager's feedback link. :(
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:26 am

I just read this on the KEYE facebook:
.I apologize to everyone. We have just learned that Tim Tebow's agents will not allow live streaming his speech this morning. We will video of the speech on our website as soon as we can.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 am

Yes, that must have been disappointing. I am sure that we will get a chance to hear/see his speech eventually. That is amazing that this young man can have such an astounding impact on all these people. Many of them look up to him because of his successes on the football field. Then also his stand as a Christian has put him in the lime light, and people are looking up to him. Then the selfless giving of both Tim and his family is something extraordianary. This is one more wonderful testimony of Jesus saving power to the world. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Previous

Return to General Forum