OFWs Will Lose Jobs

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

OFWs Will Lose Jobs

Postby BigBlastGuy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Saudi Arabia has just announced they have too much unemployment and so will begin to transfer jobs from OFWs back to Saudi citizens, "Saudization" of work now being done by expatriates. See article at:
http://news.yahoo.com/more-1-million-saudis-unemployment-benefit-122410579.html

Many wealthy countries will probably begin eliminating OFW jobs. This will be very hard on the Philippines economy, cause loss of many jobs and income to Filipino people.
BigBlastGuy

Re: OFWs Will Lose Jobs

Postby red » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I would be sad. I have relatives that are working hard just to make a living for family.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:11 pm

I think anyone who knows any of the filipino families knows about some of their family members working elsewhere. Yes, it does help their families for those people to be working elsewhere. If that is not available I think it will be a great hardship on the families involved. Mexicans do the same her in our locality. They come north, many of them illegal, and they and their employers get in a lot of trouble, but they sacrifice to work hard and send their money home to help their families at home being in poverty there, and it is a great help. We watched documentaries on it years ago, and some of those poor people would cross the river daily to work in the USA. Often times they would cross the river, get deported, then cross the river again, and continually do that. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:46 pm

They have some tougher laws now than they used to have. If a Mexican illegal crosses the river, and gets caught by immigration, then they are taken back to Mexico, and set free. If they do it a second time, then they are deported again, and set free. If they do it a third time, and get caught, then they spend three months in a detention center prison. And anyone who does get caught sneaking into the country is automatically denied legal immigration in the future for a period of ten years.
It is estimated that 2o million Mexicans are in the US illegally, but many think that number could be double that estimate.
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Sir Michael, it does sound like the laws are tougher now than a few years ago. 20 million illegal Mexicans sounds like a lot, and it that could be doubled that figure, that is astounding. We have a person local to our area who has been hiring illegals for years. He would send Mexicans down to the border to pick up illegals and bring them back. I think he got into pretty bad trouble not long ago, and now he is employing Jamaicans. A quite a number of years ago I was working with them, and they heard the border patrol was coming through, so he had them taken in the mountains in vans, and I was working with them, so they took me along with the rest of them. It was kind of funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum