Water Rights

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Water Rights

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Many places in the world are running out of water as populations contiue to grow at a record pace. So whoever controls the water rights will have the most control over the rest of us. In the Philippines, the government is in complete control of all the water. Here is the law:
Water rights in the Philippines are covered by Presidential Decree 1067, which states in part :

"Article 3. The underlying principles of this Code are:
a. All waters belong to the State.
b. All waters that belong to the State can not be the
subject of acquisitive prescription.
c. The State may allow the use or development of
waters by administrative concession.
d. The utilization, exploitation, development,
conservation and protection of water resources shall
be subject to the control and regulation of the
government through the National Water Resources
Council, hereinafter referred to as the Council.
e. Preference in the use and development of waters
shall consider current usages and be responsive to
the changing needs of the country.
Article 4. Waters, as used in this Code, refers to water under the
ground, water above the ground, water in the atmosphere
and the waters of the sea within the territorial jurisdiction
of the Philippine."

Also:
"Article 6. The following waters found on private lands also belong
to the State;
a. Continuous or intermittent waters rising on such
lands;
b. Lakes and lagoons naturally occurring on such lands;
c. Rain water falling on such lands;
d. Subterranean or ground waters; and,
e. Waters in swamps and marshes.
The owner of the land where the water is found may use
the same for domestic purposes without securing a
permit, provided that such use shall be registered, when
required by the Council. The Council, however, may
regulate such use when there is wastage, or in times of
emergency.

I think that pretty much covers every drop except pee and sweat. lol
jadegil6
Site Admin

Re: Water Rights

Postby Smiley » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:06 pm

I think pee and sweat are covered by article 6 :ugeek: ,Spilled milk and steam from your soup are covered in article 3.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 pm

The water in the town down over the hill is metered. There is as set price that the city charges for water, sewage, garbage collection, etc. If a house has a broken pipe beyond the meter, and spills too much water, there is a surplus charge made. There is another water system for people's lawns/gardens that pumps water out of the river. For that the residents pay $65.00 each year. That water is not considered safe to drink, and sometimes when the city turns someone's water off for non payment, people in those houses will connect a hose between their house and the irrigation water, and then they contaminate the drinking water for all the residents in the town, and that really upsets the city hall people. We had some bad renters who did that just a couple of years or so ago. The city thought they might be doing that, and after they move out, being evicted, I found evidence that they did do it! What they did was to cut the end off from a garden hose, and put another end on, so that the garden hose had a female connection on both ends, and then they connected to the irrigation pipe faucet, and with the other end they connected to the house water, then irrigation water was free to run back into the city drinking water system! :shock: Houses between the two little towns/cities, most people have wells by the river. The only cost so far for houses there is the electrical cost to pump the water. Someone told me years ago that there was a government agency that was thinking about putting meters on all private wells, but so far that has not happened, thankfully! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Tigger82d » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:17 am

Pee and sweat would be covered by Article 4. Pee would be considered water above ground and sweat is water in the atmosphere.
Tigger82d

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 am

I read something about it being more healthy to drink plenty of water before going walking, so now I drink close to 1/2 gallon of water before I start my walk. Then I do have to pee a lot as a result of that, and some people would think I am crazy for doing it that way, but it makes sense to me. Water helps carry the nutrients though out our body. Water also is important in your blood, and to take the waste products filtered out in your kidneys. Last June I was really embarrassed because I hadn't been drinking water before going for my walks, but I had that trouble bleeding inside, so I drank enough water to clear out the blood before walking. Well, that made me have to pee often. Where we live seldom does any one drive by, but do you know that because I drank all that water, every time I would start to pee, here would someone come driving! It was very embarrassing, and it only happened on one particular day. I walk 6.5 miles each day, and spend about 2 hours doing that walking, and drinking almost 1/2 gallon of water before walking, I have to pee as I am walking. The stretch of road is one mile, and I have 2 places on the road that I can pee, and I know that I can see someone coming before they will see me, it is so far away, and I have never been caught as long as I pee in the two places that I can see a long ways away. Very few people drive on the road, so I am usually pretty safe! What really surprised me is that I sweat a little no matter how cold it is when I walk. If I wear too many clothes, I sweat a lot, and I am really warm when I get back to the house, but I quickly cool off, and then the evaporating sweat actaully makes me cold. In the dead of winter I wear a light jacket, as well as a warm winter coat, and that works great. This time of the year I am wearing a tee shirt, a shirt, and a light jacket, and I still sweat a little with that many clothes on. When it gets warmer I will only wear a tee shirt and shirt. When it gets really hot, I will wear my tee shirt, and an open shirt. I always wear my shirt for added sun protection. At times in the past I have only wore a tee shirt while working, but I burn a little before I tan my skin, and then I am okay for the rest of the season. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D It is time for me to have some sweet dreams, anyway I hope they are sweet, and not crazy dreams! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum