Business or Job? What are you motivated or incline into?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Business or Job? What are you motivated or incline into?

Postby crisipicada » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 am

While I was young, I was so much motivated by my late father to go to school, study hard, finish college and if I wanted to pursue Masteral, then I will pay my own school fees out of work paid. He always had motivated me to study and encourage me in many ways. I believe that all parents wants success to their children. They wanted to have a good life in the future and make a life more easier than living deprave life.

I was motivated to look for job after college. While one of my sister studied commerce major in business maanagement, I got some ideas about business. In her, i learned that a good must be mark up by 30% as profit. Let us say, if I wanted to buy clothes or any goods at 100 pesos, I should mark up it at least 30% . Therefore, I should sell it at 130 pesos and have a 30 pesos profit. That is a good idea i have learned about her. It is good to have business of any kind as long as it is what the market is needed. I also learned from my late father about selling rice. He does not want it to be in credit. If you want to transact business, it should be in cash basis and do not ever involved in credit. Or else your capital might lost. That is also a good idea i have learned from my late father. He said, even a very small profit as long as it is cash, then it is worth it than to stock your goods for a long time. Money should rotate.

Another thing that I have learned from my other sister who got married is that, do not put yourself into credit. Be contented of what you have. Also from my mother she said "live within your means". If you have a lot of credit you will not have peace, your mind will always bothered. Take initiative, God gave us wisdom and the knowledge to get wealth. My mother is always giving me wisdom about life.

Also I learned from the book I read entitled within your reach, it says about how important to save. It says that out of our income, we must save at least 30% of it. Learn to save more for the future, invest for your health insurance and other insurances that will help you in the future and that you wont use your own money from your pocket. Like fire insurance of your house, health insurance and the like. Then later on use your saved money to invest it and make it grow. Let your daily expenses out of your salary or wages, then later on, you can use your income from your investment for your needs. Later on let your money work for you not work for money anymore. at this time you had a good source of income. It depends of your lifestyle what kind of life you wanted to have. But remember, of all these things, having a good hand to use the money is very important.

I knew it for a while but still struggling with finances. This is due to concerns of family needs wherein you wanted to extend help. Also some debts need to pay that had been incurred by parents. But above all, we must see to it what purpose you have in heart why wanted to earn money.Of course for future and for our daily needs. But I realize that it is important also to include God in all our desires in life. Thus, one of the purpose I wanted to earn because I am committed to help the mission field for the missionaries to continue to share the gospel. THis has been my desire and still being reminded after we had our mission conference. GOd giveth and God taketh away. So no need to worry because He is the owner and we are just the steward. I hope we are all good steward by God. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Re: Business or Job? What are you motivated or incline into?

Postby Smiley » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Good topic Crissy,A lot of people spend a large part of their life pondering those questions.I`m the kind of person that can work as a part of a team or alone on my own projects.I frequently have held a job while conducting a small business on the side.
There have been times when my little sidelines made the difference between being able to pay the bills or not.A lot of this way of thinking is simply that it feels good to be productive.One of my plans is to retire to a small farm where I could provide for myself and maybe be able to quietly support some people in real need(widows,orphans,that sort of thing).
I`m still holding a job but I don`t really enjoy going to work anymore but I do what I have to. I have a small business that I conduct online that is gradually growing.Hopefully it will someday grow to the point meeting all of my needs,right now it is looking quite likely. I also do service on restaurant equipment.
I enjoyed festival promotion a lot,I`m debating whether or not I want to be involved in the Bluesfest this year or not.I have been onboard for the last 18 years.I had set my sights on being involved at least for the first 20 but now I am wondering if I will even be here when the 20th takes place,if things go well I could be back in the Philippines by then.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:54 am

Business is good if you have a mind/head for business, which not everyone does. The only side business I ever had was keeping honeybees while working at a sawmill, sometimes 10 hours a day, and I took all the over time they would give me. I was so tired all the time that the beekeeping was a problem when it should have been a joy, although I worked very hard at it. I took hives into the orchards for pollinization and produced honey to sell. I purchase a quite a few hives of bees that were diseased, and I spread that disease to the bees that I already had, and I ended up having to burn all my used equipment. I do have equipment that is still new from all that many years ago, 1970s, but whether or not I will ever keep bees again I don't know. I could if I wanted to.

I have a credit card, but I pay the balance off every month, and in that way I never have to pay any interest, which I started doing when they raised the interest rate beyond what I thought was reasonable. Before that I let the credit card debt get quite high sometimes, but I can't do that, because I may not be able to pay it if I do! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby red » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:06 am

I got big balance due on credit card he he... had businesses before but business was bad here that is why we are trying to look for greener pasture. Trying to stay away from malls very tempting there for shopping. Good thing we live on the woods. :D
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Yes, Red, before we moved about 15 years ago our credit card was maxed to the limit. That is why we moved is that we had so little money that we were living on the credit card just to buy groceries, and necessities. We moved to where it was very difficult to spend money. The credit cards continued out of control as we used them to get our teeth fixed, but where we lived helped us get ahead of the game, and now we pay that card off every month, and it is a challenge not to charge more than we can pay, but we work hard at it! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum