Easter Sunday

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Easter Sunday

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Easter Sunday is just around the corner. It is funny because I just finished playing Christmas songs in the church song/hymn book. Carol was also playing some Christmas songs on a CD which is amazing. Then I came to the Easter songs and played them. Our daughter came over and is decorating cup cakes and cookies with Carol which is fun for them, so I am doing this instead of playing the piano, because it is easier for them to visit without the piano music, so I will sacrifice for a short time. Some time while we were moved away the church where we attend on Easter Sunday morning goes to the Performing Arts Center for a combined Easter Service on Easter Sunday morning. We have only gone to one of them as we didn't go back to that church until we had been here for about 3 years or so. The PAC holds about 5 or 6 hundred people, and I think it is fun to do that once a year. Carol is not too thrilled to go meet in that large building with that many people for a combined service, but I think she is going to go. It should be enjoyable. We celebrate Jesus birth at Christmas, and then we celebrate his death and resurrection at Easter. Jesus gave His life for us, and now He is risen, and is at the right hand of the Father. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: Easter Sunday

Postby jadegil6 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 am

I hope everyone in the Philippines has had a happy Easter. It is almost time for me to leave my house to go to church. I better get there early because so many people seem to go to church only once a year, and that would be for today, and it is hard to find a seat if one doesn't get there early.
My church has a fairly large auditorium which has a balcony, and seats around 3,500 people. Of course because it is Easter the orchestra and choir will be packed with musicians, and there will be some special music presentations. In years past they have had trumpeteers and drum teams who are also in the balconies to add to the effects. I am sure today will be a wonderful tribute to the glory of our Lord.
Happy Easter, everyone! :D
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:31 am

Wow! Seating for 3500 people almost blows my imagination, as all the churches in this area I have been connected with are 50 people, 100, and maybe up to 250, but not in the thousands! The church we attend I think runs 2 or 3 hundred people on a regular basis. Of our 2 little towns combining maybe 15,000 people, the church we attend is the largest both in building size and number of people in these 2 towns. Once a year on Easter Morning for a few years now they have been going to the Performing Arts Center for one service instead of the 2 services that they normally have. Years ago when we attended before we moved away the first service they called their traditional service. In it they had more hymn singing, piano playing, and geared to the older people. The second service they called their comtemporary service with more modern choruses, guitars, drums and so on. Now they have 2 identical services. They no longer have a different style service for older people as opposed to a certain style service for the younger people. This morning they had a little of both. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby jadegil6 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:04 am

Yes, it is a large church, but there are some around the country that have 10,000 people for Sunday services, When the service first started, it wasn't as full as it normally is on Easter, but as the service progressed, it continued to fill, and eventually was close to capacity.
I counted the musicians on the stage. From right to left, it started with an organ, then the horn section with 12, and then narrowed down to a drummer, 2 electric guitars and a piano, then the strings section on the left side with 15 musicians, and another piano, and then to the left of that was some large drums about the size of 55 gallon barrels, and some chimes, and a harp.
Behind the orchestra the choir is seated, and there were 130 members in their customary maroon-colored robes. There were six trumpeteers who also came out for some special effects during the musical praises.
My church has it's own school from pre-kinder care to the 12th grade, and has it's own sports teams that compete with other churches that have similar programs. They posted the church budget for 2012, and it exceeded 6 million dollars for the year. My daughter was baptized in this church, and she worked there during her summer break in 2011. She is studying to become a Youth Minister because of the positive influences that the people in our church have had upon her life. God bless!
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Wow! That is impressive, just the size of that orchestra, the number and arrangement of the various musicians! I can see why you said that you need to get to church in time to have a good place to sit. I imagine the back fills up first, if it is like other churches, and then anyone coming in late has to go right down front to find a place to sit. Having a school comprising pre-kindergarten through grades 12 is impressive also. Then needing over 6 million dollars to run the place is mind blowing as well! I'm glad that your daughter, Sir Michael, was baptized in that church, has worked there with them, and has future plans with them as well. That is great and wonderful! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum