Seperated?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Seperated?

Postby wolfetone100 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi i'm new to the forum and to the site so i'm sorry if someone has asked this before or its a silly quistion but i would like to hear your answers. I'm from Ireland and am seperated for two years and will get divorced as soon as i am able. I'm just wondering if woman over there view this as a very bad thing and will it hinder me finding a partner? I am also a catholic so i can understand some ladies might have reservations on religious grounds. Thank you in advance.
wolfetone100

Re: Seperated?

Postby Smiley » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 am

Don`t sweat the Catholic part. Roman Catholic is the predominant religion throughout the Philippines.A very few might take exception to the fact you have been married before,but not that many.
One thing that they will respect is if you are straight up with them.Early into your communication lay your cards on the table,explain to them exactly who you are and why you are there.Ask questions to establish her intent,and exactly what she is looking for.No BS. Then if things are worth pursuing you will know it.

Good luck,keep posting
Smiley

Postby Smiley » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am

I just re read what I wrote and it sounds a little too business like, sorry. I didn`t mean to make it sound like your correspondence should resemble a job interview but it would be important for both parties to know exactly what they are walking towards.
Also, if you never ask you will have to be content with a bunch of vague statements like "I`m looking for someone who will accept me for being me". Of course with no hint whatsoever who this "me" really is.
Don`t promise too much too soon but be prepared to honor anything that you do promise.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Smiley is right is what he wrote. Honesty is the most important thing, to be transparent, so there are no hidden things. Even the divorce does not happen in the Philippines, they do have annulement, which is very similar to our divorce. They have certain reasons for having the annulement, and I think, while annulement is more complicated than divorce, and often more expensive, depending on who you have to pay off so that the annulement will be allowed, it does happen. I think many of the filipnas do not object to someone who has been divorced. You just need to be up front about that, and they will no doubt want to know when, why, and other questions relating. I have seen some in their profiles say that divorced is okay, so good luck to you, and we are not God, so we do not judge you on this! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby wolfetone100 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks for the replys. I do fully intend to be honest about it a good relationship is based on honesty. i'm glad it is not to big a stigma. Have sent for some addresses so i am really looking forward to getting them and starting to communicate with the ladies. Thanks for your answers i appreciate it.
wolfetone100

Postby Tigger82d » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 pm

One bit of warning early on. A true Filipino will never ask for money. That is a plain fact. Even now that me and my wife are married she still will not ask for money when her family needs it back home.
Tigger82d

Postby Edwin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:39 am

Yes, that is one thing that my friend's filipina wife told me, and that is that no matter what was happening to her, and how bad off she was she would never ask for money, because she did not want to have that reputation. It is really funny because before they were married he told me that he was not going to send any money to a filipina's family, and since they have been married he and his filipina wife have sent lots of money to the families in the Philippines. He has figured out that doing that makes him happy. Not everyone can do that, but he can, does, and enjoys it. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby wolfetone100 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks guys it's good to get info from people who actually know what they are talking about as a newbie i know next to nothing so your advice is very much appreciated.
wolfetone100

Postby lyrehc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:58 pm

There are some filipina that doest bother if your seperated or not as long as love is there....but there are also some that doesn't want to have a separated or divorce partner...I suggest you carefully choose a good filipina the one that never ask money and will accept you for being you not for what you have but for what you are... :D :D :D
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby crisipicada » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:35 pm

lyrehc wrote:There are some filipina that doest bother if your seperated or not as long as love is there....but there are also some that doesn't want to have a separated or divorce partner...I suggest you carefully choose a good filipina the one that never ask money and will accept you for being you not for what you have but for what you are... :D :D :D

You are right for that. I do not hesitate to accept the person whatever his past could be as long as he loves me. I always say that we can not change the past and what we have done can never be undone. What is important that God has forgiven us and we repented with our past and give it to Him. I believe that a good relationship will grow as long as there is respect and love for each other. So for me, it is good to be transparent and make the most effort to let your relationship prosper.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Next

Return to General Forum