Move a Horse

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Move a Horse

Postby Edwin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Two of our daughters have horses. Our younger daughter has an old horse that is a very gentle old fellow. I can walk up to him out in the pasture, lift his feet and work on them without even putting a rope on him. He is very nice guy. Well, it is a sad story because our daughter who lives here invited her to bring her horse to her place. This sister got mad a few years ago, and told her sister to get her horse off her place immediately or she would have him sent to the glue factory to be killed. He was away for a time, and then I asked to bring him back because I like the old horse. He has been here this time for a couple of years. Now this sister has gotten mad at me and her other sister. She has lowered her anger towards me a little, and I think we are going to be okay. She did ask us to move away when she was the most angry, and then before the day was over she told us that we could stay, if we didn't make her mad again. I own the home, but it is on her property. Well, because this sister has gotten angry with her younger sister, she asked me to move the horse. So tomorrow I am going down the hill to a place between two towns, and I will be building a fence for the horse, and then the next day I will load the old horse on my pickup truck, and haul him down there. This sister is not as mad at me any more, but she is still angry at her younger sister. It is kind of complicated. I helped the younger sister, so the other sister got very angry with me, but she is not as angry with me now, but she is extremely angry with her younger sister. The younger sister is going to church and trying to live right, so we expect good things. I am hoping that the two sisters will make peace with their younger sister. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Re: Move a Horse

Postby Edwin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Well, we did get the fence built today. The people living there have not been taking very good care of the place, so the place where the horse used to be had tall weeds in it. That was the biggest job, raking the weeds. We found one rake, and I used to shovel to rake with, which was not ideal, but it worked. Then I tried to call the Fire Department, but I only got an anwering machine that side outside burning was allowed with a $5.00 permit. Well, my daughter reminded me that, that meant inside the city limits of Omak, of the Omak Stampede and Suicide race. So I told my daughter to light it on fire. We have a huge pile of big weeds, and you can't believe how hot that fire got. We were spraying everything with water, a nearby building, small trees, and the edge of the fire. Would not you know as soon as we lit it on fire, the fire sirens began to sound in the town next to where we were. I told my daughter, well, here they come, but it was for some other purpose, because they never came. I thought some of the neighbors had called the fire department to report our fire, but not so. Then we dug the post holes, about 15 of them, and set the posts, After we drove more metal posts than that. We had to go get her daughter, our granddaughter to get her something to eat during her school lunch break. Then later we had to take her to a doctor's appointment, and our daughter took another friend to another town about one hour away. After our granddaughter's doctor's appointment was over, she and I went back to the place and strung the wire around. Then our daughter showed up, and we wired the wire to the metal post, and drove fence staples into the wooden posts. It was a long hard day. Tomorrow morning our daughter and I are going to load the old horse on my pickup truck, and we will haul him down the hill. Our daughter and granddaughter are going to be living at this place, so they will enjoy the old guy very much. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:06 am

I didn't get up particulary early this morning because our daughter told me that she would call before she came up the hill to our place. So she called at about 8:45 a.m. and told me that she was coming up the hill. So I took my pickup truck out to the county road and found a bank to back up to. I just got backed up and here she came. We then walked in to our place to get her horse. I asked my wife, Carol, if she thought our other daughter who has been angry about this whole situation, if she thought our daughter would mind me gathering up some hay that the horse had not eaten yet, and put it in a shopping bag, Carol said she didn't think she would, so I gathered some hay, told our daughter I was planning to use that help get the horse to load into my pickup truck. Our daughter told me that she thought the hay would blow out going down the road, and she would rather give me a little grain, and that is what I wanted anyway, but I didn't want to ask her for the grain because of the tenseness of the situation, so it worked out anyway. I gave him a taste of the grain, and he came closer, then I have him another taste of the grain, he came a little closer, until he walked right into the truck. I didn't break any speed laws going down the hill as this horse is not used to being hauled, and then my brakes on the truck are not that good either, so I took it very slow down the hill. I found a perfect bank to unload him not far from the place we were taking him. Our daughter walked him to this place, and I drove. We put him in this place where we had built the fence the day before and filled his water tank so that he would have water to drink. We then went to McDonald's, got something to eat, to go, and got her daugher, our granddaughter, and then we went to the park to eat, while she was on her lunch break from school. Then we went and bought some hay, brought it back. unloaded it in what I built years ago for a chicken house, 30 bales of alfalfa hay. We then drove to Les Schwab tire place so that I could get a battery, and the one in my pickup truck was going bad from age. We waited for hours as they were under staffed, and they are busy taking people's stud tires off, and the law requires stud tires to be off April 16, 2012. When they finally got around to putting the battery in the truck they got the cables backwards and burned up the cellenoid and one other wire. Two of the people working on it should not have been installing a battery as they just didn't know that much about it. They fixed the problem for me, only charging me for the battery, and everything was wonderful. I came home late because of the problems. The workiers at the tire store felt really badly about the problem, but it was okay, and they fixed it, so everything was fine. After we got home I ate and we visited with our kids, and the daughter of my wife's brother who died in the Philippines, and that was fun. She told us more about her experiences with her Dad when she saw him for the last few days of his life. She told us how amazed she was to hear her Dad praying, and she told us that he really did change after he gave his heart to the Lord, and that was wonderful! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Yep; That sounds like a full day. At least you got a new solenoid out of the deal ;) I`m glad your daughter is starting to soften a bit as well. Good luck with that.
Smiley

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:02 pm

It was a full day! Yes, Smiley, I came out ahead except we had to wait for hours, but that was okay, as we visited with each other, and then we got a tractor tire out of the deal to put the horse's hay in, and that was nice, as it will keep it collected so that he will not trample it, and also keep it clean for better health for him. I could not believe, in a place that sells and installs tires and batteries, that they would have someone working for them that doesn't know the difference between the positve lead and negative ground to be connected to the battery. The guy said, "well, we hooked it up both ways, and it doesn't work either day." Of course it would not work once the solenoid is burn up and another wire burned in two pieces. But its okay. Everyone has to learn and we all ruin things periodically that we don't understand. They put a couple of new terminal connectors on also, and only charged me for the battery because they felt badly about what they had done. :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Return to General Forum