What are you listening to?

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

What are you listening to?

Postby wolfetone100 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:18 pm

I love music and finding new bands and artists to listen to ! so please share with me what you are listening to at the moment! i've been listening to ' 9 crimes ' by Damien Rice nice music to relax to!
wolfetone100

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby red » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Spongebob Squarepants on tv now...lol
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
red

Postby Edwin » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 pm

We listen to me playing the piano most of my spare time. Carol doesn't complain with most of my playing until I play a song that I can't play very well, and then she tells me that she doesn't like that song. One song that she said that about I know she likes the song, but the way it is written I don't have enough skill to keep it moving, so I am very slow finding the chords, and she doesn't enjoy listening to that, but I need to play it so that I can get better. When I am not playing, or when we leave music for the dog and bird when we are gone, we turn on the radio to positive life, which is a Seventh Day Adventist radio program of mostly music, except on Saturday there is a lot of preaching. They accomodate all the denominations and give them exposure on their radio program, and it is good! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby Smiley » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:10 pm

I listen to a lot of different music. I lean more towards Blues. I have had an involvement in the Blues scene for about 20 years now,have made a lot of friends.
Lately I`ve been listening to a fair bit of the Howling Diablos,Downchild Blues Band,Rita Chiarelli, Rev Peyton,Johnny V.
Smiley

Postby lyrehc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I love to listen to Hillsongs music its a great time to meditate, relax and at the same time praise and worship God..... other i like to listen to One direction, i like their language and the way they speak its cool.. :D :D :D :D :D
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby fenmoor » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:10 am

ltrehc: If you like Hillsong, give Don Moen or Travis Cotrell a listen. They have much the same kind of music... I love it for praise and worship...

Although I listen to many different types of music, I managed a music store at one point in my life, I find myself listening to "Cebuano" music streaming on the net lately. I am trying to pick up some of the dialect and since I know a little Tagalog it can get confusing.
fenmoor

Postby crisipicada » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:10 am

Am listening Christian music now. And It is very encouraging and healthful. It makes my mind more close to God as I am revive about the Love of God. When I heard worldly songs, my mood is affected and it becomes bad mood :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: . while listening to christian music, it flows in my veins to be in good mood. :D :D :D :D :D
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
crisipicada

Postby Edwin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:23 am

lyrehc, we have a grandson who spent a year at Hillsong in Australia, and he loved it. He thought about going back, but I think he has other ideas now. He is a Youth Pastor and Worship leader in an Assembly of God church on the East Coast USA. Crisi, you are correct about the mood of the music. It definately has an effect on you, so uplifting music that encourages you in Christian living is best. That music definately puts you in a good mood! I am now playing the piano out of a book that I got by just paying the shipping and handling to Hope Publishing Company which make a really great deal on the hymn/song book. The book is "Worship and Rejoice." It was copyrighted in 2001 which I think makes it the newest book I have. I have to be honest in that I like the older books, hymns, songs better, but I am playing it for the exposure to the newer music. It is good, and my piano playing skills have improved enough so that I can enjoy playing that music now, whereas before it was a little more difficult. The book has a mix of older and newer, so it will be fine. I am now just on song 12 out of 749 songs, so I have a few to go. I just keep playing them until I have played every song in the book. Normally I play each song only once, but once in a while Carol hears a song that she likes, and she asks me to play it again, so I sometimes play that song 3 times for her. One song that comes to mind is "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross." She said that she loves the harmony in that song, so I played it several times for her. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D :D
Edwin

Postby lyrehc » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:02 am

I am a hillsong lover there music is great and its not just music of course if you don't know how to meditate then theres no music in their....I also have songs of Don moen,his voice is classic and its perfect at all....
lyrehc
lyrehc

Postby Smiley » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 am

I`ve never heard of Hillsong before. I just did a youtube search and I`m listening now. Noy bad. :)
Smiley

Next

Return to General Forum