Shipping to the Philippines

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Shipping to the Philippines

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 am

I recently purchased a MagicJack. With a good internet connection, she can have a phone number that is local to the USA. $20 a year, and she and I can talk all we want I want to send it to her, but US Mail is really slow, and UPS is $85 to ship it. What are my alternatives for low cost, relatively fast shipping?
Joey

Re: Shipping to the Philippines

Postby abufarsi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:29 pm

I do not know where you live, but many cities have a LBC office nearby. That is about the best way to send money too, if it is just a little.

According to their web site, they have a special of $55 to any location in the PI., 20X20X20, almost any weight. This is about 30% off regular prices.

LBC has a high enough volume so that customs is probably not a problem.
abufarsi

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 pm

NEX Express will do it for $35.44. Anybody use them? Are they dependable and fast? $55 seems a bit much for something half the size of a cell phone.
Joey

Postby jadegil6 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:37 am

I know some stores in the Philippines sell magic jacks , so if she lives in or near a large city, then she can buy one there, and save you the trouble of finding a company that will ship one.
:)
jadegil6
Site Admin

Postby abufarsi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Yes, the magic jack is small but your girl will not have a phone to plug into it either.

Everybody has heard of balikbayan boxes, and if you ship LBC, weight is not a problem. Many things are simply unavailable to most Filipinos. Especially quality items. Quality woman's underwear is really expensive. Quality pots and pans very hard to find outside big cities. Over the counter drugs in the USA are cheap and effective (ibuprofen, sleep aids, cold capsules, antacids). Cheddar cheese is 10X as expensive in the PI than USA. Specialty nuts less than half price in Costco. I suggest you ad some other items in the box and make it easy for her to share both her good fortune of finding you with some unique items from the States. Give her a budget and shop together on eBay.

Overnight/air will be really expensive.

Magic jack must be purchased in the country you plan to call, if she is to call him then he should buy the jack in the USA.
abufarsi

Return to General Forum