Philippines' Latest

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Philippines' Latest

Postby ms.sin17 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:42 pm

I am so saddened about what I have read from a text message from a classmate of the news in CNN that 'Philippines, worst country to visit' :cry: :( Its all about the hostage crisis last week, Monday, August 23.. :cry: Is the Philippines really that worst to visit? :roll: :? Though I didnt seen the whole scene because I have gone to my classmate's 18th Birthday but I think they must see our country as WHOLE and not to judge us and to conclude like that because of the hostage taking, right? I know that what had the hostage taker did was also bad, very very bad I guess but I think its worst to say that our country is worst country to visit.. :oops: :? :( There were so many people who had been blamed from this issue. Number one is the President, the SWAT team and etc. What do you think the Philippine Government do to solve this case? :roll: :roll: The relationship of the people in Hongkong and the people here in the Philippines is getting affected now. The OFW`s in Hongkong might catch the anger of the people there.. :? :oops: May we consider this in our prayers.. God Bless!
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Re: Philippines' Latest

Postby Chas » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 pm

It was a sad event and I am sure peoples prayers are for all victims.

Don't worry about the headline. It is just a news outlet trying to boost its profile with a sensational headline on a day when there has not been much other news. Rightly or wrongly the incident will soon be forgotten except when those wanting to gain political advantage within the Philippines use the incident to try and harm opponents.

The Philippines is a beautiful country and will always attract visitors. Yes - there are many things that could be done to improve the Philippines, both for Filipinos and visitors, but no country is perfect.

I am still looking forward to my visit, not long now :D
Chas

Postby Edwin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 pm

ms.sin17 wrote:I am so saddened about what I have read from a text message from a classmate of the news in CNN that 'Philippines, worst country to visit' :cry: :( Its all about the hostage crisis last week, Monday, August 23.. :cry: Is the Philippines really that worst to visit? :roll: :? Though I didnt seen the whole scene because I have gone to my classmate's 18th Birthday but I think they must see our country as WHOLE and not to judge us and to conclude like that because of the hostage taking, right? I know that what had the hostage taker did was also bad, very very bad I guess but I think its worst to say that our country is worst country to visit.. :oops: :? :( There were so many people who had been blamed from this issue. Number one is the President, the SWAT team and etc. What do you think the Philippine Government do to solve this case? :roll: :roll: The relationship of the people in Hongkong and the people here in the Philippines is getting affected now. The OFW`s in Hongkong might catch the anger of the people there.. :? :oops: May we consider this in our prayers.. God Bless!

Hey, Look for me because I will be in the Philippines October 16th through the 31st! Touch down in Manila, then touch down in Dumaguete City, then a trip to Guiamaras Island with Carol's brother, then back to Dumaguete City, then back home, and I'm sure the time will go quickly and the visit will be much too short, but it will be fun, and I'll be looking forward to the next visit, and hopefully for a longer period of time! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby eStu » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:48 am

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the tragic event.

As far as repercussions for the reputation of the Philippines, I don't imagine that there will be any significant, sustained negative effect other than perhaps specifically relating to Hong Kong, and even there I would hope that common sense will eventually prevail over the initial emotional reaction. No doubt there are lessons that police, tactical responders etc can take from the event, but such situations are not easy to emerge from with an ideal outcome. Hopefully there will be no mistreatment of overseas workers in Hong Kong. It's a shame that news media and public figures are willing to resort to sensationalism, finger-pointing and hyperbole to exploit the situation for their own gain, .

Ultimately I agree that:

Chas wrote:The Philippines is a beautiful country and will always attract visitors. Yes - there are many things that could be done to improve the Philippines, both for Filipinos and visitors, but no country is perfect.
eStu

Postby justmovenalong » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:48 pm

ms.sin17 hehehe ur way over readn this thing i feel.altho it was a bad situation with a bad out come I dont thing CNN has a leg to stand on.Heck here in the U.S. we had people killn visitor in florida rest areas for a few dollars.so maybe its really the U.S, that is the most unsafe place.Or maybe its dubi,or japan with the subway deal that went on?You get the point as was said before by tomorrow this will all be forgotn and life will go on.Im headn there nov 9th for the third time this year and i have never had any troulbe there that i wouldnt have run into here on anywhere else ,as a matter of fact ive never been anything but treated great there.So my point is, you guys are the only christian nation in the pacific rim i beleave and you will be loved like a sister from the U.S. no matter what goes on we will always have your back.And that will include china"s claim that they own the sea that surrounds u guys.To say that ur goverment or swat is responcable for what happened is not the reality of the situation and to tell u the truth altho i hate the lose of life it will make the next group of crazys think about it before they try something.
justmovenalong

Postby ms.sin17 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Chas wrote:Rightly or wrongly the incident will soon be forgotten except when those wanting to gain political advantage within the Philippines use the incident to try and harm opponents.

The Philippines is a beautiful country and will always attract visitors. Yes - there are many things that could be done to improve the Philippines, both for Filipinos and visitors, but no country is perfect.

Well, I guess, you are true to that, Mr. Chas. This incident will soon be forgotten but right now it is the trending topic here in the Philippines aside from the answer of Ms. Philippines, Venus Raj on the Q & A portion in the Ms. Universe 2010 about 'MAJOR MAJOR' answer, I guess.. [:lol: ] I haven't been watching tv lately because our exams is fast approaching but every time I have chances to watch on tv the news is always about the incident. I think there is no recent big incident as big as this incident thats why this is always tackled on tv. :roll:
Everything eLse that is happening in the earth is tempOrary, yOu cOnsider, everything that is gOing On is just Vanity. . .
ms.sin17

Postby ms.sin17 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:32 pm

justmovenalong wrote:ms.sin17 hehehe ur way over readn this thing i feel.altho it was a bad situation with a bad out come I dont thing CNN has a leg to stand on.Heck here in the U.S. we had people killn visitor in florida rest areas for a few dollars.so maybe its really the U.S, that is the most unsafe place.Or maybe its dubi,or japan with the subway deal that went on?You get the point as was said before by tomorrow this will all be forgotn and life will go on.Im headn there nov 9th for the third time this year and i have never had any troulbe there that i wouldnt have run into here on anywhere else ,as a matter of fact ive never been anything but treated great there.So my point is, you guys are the only christian nation in the pacific rim i beleave and you will be loved like a sister from the U.S. no matter what goes on we will always have your back.And that will include china"s claim that they own the sea that surrounds u guys.To say that ur goverment or swat is responcable for what happened is not the reality of the situation and to tell u the truth altho i hate the lose of life it will make the next group of crazys think about it before they try something.

Filipinos are very sensitive like this incident. Incidents like this became much bigger because of the influence of media. Well, anyways, thanks for all those foreign people who still have a steadfast desire to come and visit the Philippines despite of what had happened.. :D God Bless! :P
ms.sin17

Postby Tigger82d » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Filipinos are very sensitive like this incident. Incidents like this became much bigger because of the influence of media. Well, anyways, thanks for all those foreign people who still have a steadfast desire to come and visit the Philippines despite of what had happened.. :D God Bless! :P[/quote]

I'm hoping to be coming back to the wonderful place called the Philippines in January, hoepfully no later than March. As soon as we get the visa I'm putting in for a weeks vacation and heading over there to pick my fiance up and bring her back here. Of course we got a side trip to spend a few days with her family and my dad and sister to before coming back. The only bad thing I have to say about the Philippines is "why does it have to be so far away from where I live?????"
Tigger82d

Postby Edwin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 am

We have a saying, "Digging a hole to China." If you dig a hole through the center of the earth you will be there in no time at all! That's a joke! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Postby ms.sin17 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Tigger82d wrote:I'm hoping to be coming back to the wonderful place called the Philippines in January, hoepfully no later than March. As soon as we get the visa I'm putting in for a weeks vacation and heading over there to pick my fiance up and bring her back here. Of course we got a side trip to spend a few days with her family and my dad and sister to before coming back. The only bad thing I have to say about the Philippines is "why does it have to be so far away from where I live?????"

It was a funny joke indeed.. :lol: I was like ' :? ' at first but the next clause made me laugh.. hehehe. God Bless your way on coming here on January, Tigger82d.. :P Enjoy your stay here with your fiance. :) Best wishes to the both of you! :D :P
ms.sin17

Next

Return to General Forum