Congratulations to all winners!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: youngj

Congratulations to all winners!

Postby prettyjade1977 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:04 am

Congratulations to all winners in 2nd Annual x mas sweepstakes!
i did won also last year as grand prize!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL and GOD Bless!
prettyjade1977

Re: Congratulations to all winners!

Postby Edwin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 pm

prettyjade1977 wrote:Congratulations to all winners in 2nd Annual x mas sweepstakes!
i did won also last year as grand prize!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL and GOD Bless!

Prettyjade, I hope you win the next one, and also the one after that, and if that's the case it was meant for you! :D :D :D :D
Edwin

Postby prettyjade1977 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:31 pm

what you mean?
prettyjade1977

Postby Chas » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:32 am

prettyjade1977 wrote:what you mean?

I read this as Edwin was wishing you good luck and if you are successful in future sweepstakes it is fate or 'Gods will' or however you wish to phrase it.

English is a wonderful language open to many misinterpretations and misunderstandings with individual words sometimes having very different meanings. In addition written words can have a different meaning when spoken, as the spoken word is also understood along with the accompanying body language. What a minefield :D
Chas

Postby Edwin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:11 am

You are correct, Chas, it is a minefield. Years ago I read a couple of books just on the subject of words, and it was very interesting. You are correct without the facial expressions and body language it is sometimes difficult to know what a person's intent is with what they say. So we end up a lot of times saying I really didn't mean it that way, this is the way I meant it. Yes, I was telling Prettyjade that I hope she is lucky to win a couple of Sweepstakes too, and win whatever else she wants to win also. It is a very good feeling to win, and when we lose, we just say well, better luck next time! Body language is the best, huh, Chas! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwin

Return to General Forum